Performance Analyst Colorado Springs, CO
Works with various departments to understand, report and forecast Southern Colorado expenses. Generates periodic standard reports, performs ad hoc analysis, budgeting, forecasting, GL coding and claims data analysis. Reports to the Network Performance Manager.
- Works with various departments to understand their operations and how those operations impact Southern Colorado finances. Meets with various department leads on a monthly basis to understand performance to budget trends, uses that information to forecast total year finances, and reports these analyses to management.
- Performs financial modeling and performs self-review of calculations, documents assumptions, summarizes for management review and communicates results well.
- Generates, periodically, reports to Southern Colorado leadership to enable decision making, payment to providers, network evaluation, etc.
- Works with Southern Colorado management to research their questions and reports back in a timely manner.
- Works with various departments to support their reporting/presentation requirements.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends; reviews literature to understand key clinical, technical, and financial issues; conducts research to determine feasibility and effectiveness of applications in the local and regional health care delivery environment.
- Documents all work in a clear, consistent, concise way.
- Prioritizes various projects and ad hoc requests.
- Builds reports in a clear way to enable quick review by management.
- Checks work for accuracy and consistency.
- Builds relationships with key partners in departments across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a financial analyst that includes financial and budget forecasting through anticipating business demands and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance, business administration or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in PC-based business software such as Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Prior work experience must demonstrate the following abilities: communicate clearly, organize work independently to meet deadlines & determine priorities, commitment to accuracy&attention to detail, build relationships with key business partners.
- Also requires experience with data mining tools such as Business Objects or Cognos.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and staff are essential.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision and possess excellent decision making and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Work in an organized fashion.
- Communicate clearly, frequently and concisely.
- Meet deadlines.
- Master's degree in finance or accounting or CPA strongly preferred.
Primary Location: Colorado,Colorado Springs,Colorado Springs Administrative Offices 1975 Resea
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Market Performance & Analysis
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements