LVN III (Bilingual Spanish) PT Family Medicine Regular Clinic Claremont, CA
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan of the organization. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats coworkers,
patients, families and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies & procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess & monitor patients' condition & notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare & administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment & supplies.
- Identify & arrange for equipment needing repair.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique & infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow & assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information & education to patients, following established protocols & guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment & nursing procedures following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Patient/Care Procedures - Explain purpose & process of examinations, tests & medical procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health & basic self care procedures.
- Review, explain & clarify physician orders with patient.
- Instruct patient in use of home equipment.
- Administer patient first aid.
- Apply basic orthopedic devices, as ordered by physician.
- Apply & remove dressings.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder irrigations, suction procedures & throat irrigations.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Administer enemas.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) & provide emergency patient treatments.
- Lift patients.
- Monitor patient vital signs.
- Monitor patients for bleeding.
- Observe machine monitors.
- Administer inhalation therapy.
- Participate in development of nursing care plans.
- Perform surgical preps.
- Prepare & position patients for procedures.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations.
- Provide therapeutic care as ordered by physician.
- Rinse & clean instruments & equipment.
- Sterilize instruments & equipment.
- Arrange for equipment repair & maintenance.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Monitor supply of oxygen & gas tanks.
- Complete laboratory, radiology requisitions & specialized test forms.
- Notify appropriate personnel of abnormal lab test results.
- Answer member inquires.
- Observe patient condition for reactions during & after procedures.
- Remove sutures following established protocols.
- Respond to Code Blues.
- Take & record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc.
- Obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.).
- Perform venipuncture & finger sticks to obtain blood samples.
- Prepare specimens & specimens for lab analysis.
- Perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Perform vision screening using Snellen chart.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
This is a Repost of 519922
Pay Grade: 25
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years) experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse I.V. Certification.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
- - Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
- This is a variable position, start times may vary within the specific shift.
- Willwork every other weekends, holidays.
Primary Location: California,Claremont,Indian Hill Medical Offices 250 W. San Jose St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Indian Hill Family Medicine
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements