RN Emergency Department Clackamas, OR
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including: biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs.
- Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests.
- Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization.
- Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Develops an individual nursing plan of care.
- Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient.
- Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies.
- Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan.
- Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers.
- Establishes priorities for patient care.
- Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient.
- Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
- Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
- Accurately documents in the EMR.
- Documents care according to policy and procedure.
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate.
- Performs all necessary procedures correctly.
- Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs.
- Accurately calculates and administers medications.
- Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment.
- Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Nine (9) months of RN experience.
- One (1) year of current ED experience or successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente New Grad Internship Program in the ED.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current Oregon RN License upon hire.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR with AED.
- ACLS at hire/transfer.
- PALS or ENPC within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Previous health care experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- CEN preferred.
- TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and interpret cardiac dysrhythmias preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within the nursing process preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within professional and personnel standards as definedpreferred.
- Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Clackamas,Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center 10180 SE Sunnyside
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 36
Working Days: Sat, Sun, Mon / Sun, Mon, Tue
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - RN Inpatient
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Emergency
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements