Tissue Tech Chino Hills, CA
Under close supervision of Pathologist assist in the handling, recording & preparation of pathology specimens for processing.
- Prepares & processes tissue & bone specimens by manual & mechanical means
- Dehydrates specimen if necessary
- Embeds/orients tissue
- Sections & embedded tissue using microtome or other cutting technology within acceptable thickness & quality
- Stains specimen with hemotoxylin or special histochemical techniques
- Coverslips within standard rate
- Sorts, numbers & labels specimens in specified sequence
- Specimen preparation of stained microscopic tissues samples; tissue processing, embedding & microtomy of large surgical, small biopsies & needle biopsies
- Assist with special staining techniques, immunoperoxidate & immunofluorescence
- Must accurately perform techniques from written protocols, keep accurate & timely records, inspect & maintain equipment & have good communication skills (written & verbal) with area pathology departments, supervisors & co-workers
- Prepares fixatives/staining solutions for special specimen studies as specified by Pathologist
- Combines substances following staining procedures
- Works with biological specimens, hazardous chemical & waste
- Light to moderate lifting required
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
Pay Grade: 24
- One (1) year experience in performing embedding, microtomy & all sort of staining.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Under the direction of histopathology supervisor, the Tissue tech on a rotation basis, process, embed, cut all sort of tissue of large surgical specimens, small & needle biopsies of specialty with excellent quality.
- Ability to run manual process & variety automatic machine using Ventana, Vision BioSystem & Dako for special staining & IHC.
-Experience in clinical laboratory science or related field.
-Experience one (1) -two (2) years in a high volume histology laboratory.
-Knowledge of CLIA, CAP, local, state, federal regulations.
-This position is to be located at Chino Hills Lab (13000 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills, CA), slated to open in November 2016 with the following requirements:
-Once a candidate accepts an offer of a position at Chino Hills Lab, s/he cannot rescind or revoke such acceptance and will be expected to be available and/or transfer at the anticipated start date and time.
-Candidates hired into this position may be required to train at another location prior to the opening of the Chino Hills Lab.
-An internal candidate does not have return rights to his/her former position once the position has been accepted.
-A candidate accepting this position understands that s/he will not be eligible to apply for or transfer to another position from August 1, 2016 until February 1, 2017.
-Assists in the preparation and processing of tissue specimens for microscopic examination by the pathologists.
-Performs a variety of technical procedures which assist in the production of microscopic slides.
-Duties includes handling, processing, embedding, cutting, staining, and labeling of specimens; operating and maintaining automatic equipment; maintaining specimen files and records, and performing other duties as needed.
Primary Location: California,Chino Hills,Chino Hills Regional Laboratory 13000 Peyton Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Entry Level
Public Department Name: Histology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements