Clinical Pharmacist Centennial, CO
Under general supervision, dispenses compounds, procures, stores and distributes pharmacy products, assists medical personnel and patients with drug information and identification, provides direction to pharmacy Interns and non-licensed personnel, performs other duties as required. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, packages and distributes pharmacy products according to legal requirements, established policies and procedures and acceptable professional practices, documents responsibility by signing or initialing prescriptions, batch sheets or other forms according to established policies and procedures.
- Evaluated and resolves, according to established policies and procedures, potential drug therapy problems identified through any and all available sources, including any pharmacy information system.
- Provides direction to pharmacy Interns, pharmacy Technicians and other pharmacy personnel by making suggestions and answering questions, resolving professional and clerical problems, orienting new employees to assigned duties, training employees in new procedures and techniques and checking their work for errors and adherence to established policies and procedures, documents verification by signing or initialing prescriptions, batch sheets or other forms, temporarily substitutes for absent pharmacy personnel, as necessary.
- Interviews patients to obtain information regarding drug use, drug allergies and sensitivities, documents the information in the patient's medical record or pharmacy information system, advises patient on significant precautions, proper drug therapy and administration, the use of related devices, and the coordination of drug therapy with diet, according to established policies and procedures.
- Confers with medical personnel concerning care and treatment of patients related clinical diagnosis, drug combinations and dosage forms, and other factors that might influence the course of treatment and the activity of the drugs, including drug identification, suggests changes in drug therapy and/or use, as appropriate.
- Maintains records of drugs and controlled substances as required by federal and state law. Maintains records pertinent to the purchase and control of narcotics and alcohol, following established procedures.
- Accepts the responsibility for resolving operational problems, in the absence of, or as assigned by, supervision, such as resolving professional problems related to the interpretation of prescriptions, drug furnishing irregularities, service complaints and technical problems such as equipment needs and drug procurement, etc., according to established policies and procedures.
- Check equipment used to prepare and dispense medications for proper functioning, report deficiencies to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean condition, maintains a safe and efficient work environment.
- Established and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel.
- Keeps abreast of all current drug information as it relates to medicines, their uses, dosages and inherent side effects.
- Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy with completed pharmacy internship.
License, Certification, Registration
- Currently licensed by the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacist.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must authorize a D.E.A. drug screening.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
Primary Location: Colorado,Centennial,Arapahoe Medical Offices 5555 E. Arapahoe Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 16
Working Days: variable
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 7
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Arapahoe Pharmacy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements