Speech Therapist II Sacramento, CA
Provides diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders for more complex cases. Ensures compliance with standards and regulatory requirements. Oversees work of entry-level staff and supports community programs.
- Evaluates and administers diagnostic tests and provides individualized treatment to adults and children for a variety of communication disorders, voice and swallowing impairment, and neurological defects.
- Advises physicians and member/caregiver of test results.
- Collaborates with physician as treatment plan changes.
- Provides training for more junior therapists.
- Participates in developing inservice programs for staff development.
- Monitors the work of contract therapists and the treatment of patients in non-Kaiser facilities.
- Serves as a consultant on interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirement.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to contain costs and improve services.
- Assists with community programs.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience as a Speech Therapist.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California license required.
- BLS required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain an NPI prior to the employment start date.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,Sacramento Hospital 2025 Morse Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Rehabilitation Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements