Speech Therapist II Walnut Creek, CA
Provides diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders for more complex cases. Ensures compliance with standards and regulatory requirements. Oversees work of entry-level staff and supports community programs.
- Evaluates and administers diagnostic tests and provides individualized treatment to adults and children for a variety of communication disorders, voice and swallowing impairment, and neurological defects.
- Advises physicians and member/caregiver of test results.
- Collaborates with physician as treatment plan changes.
- Provides training for more junior therapists.
- Participates in developing inservice programs for staff development.
- Monitors the work of contract therapists and the treatment of patients in non-Kaiser facilities.
- Serves as a consultant on interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirement.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to contain costs and improve services.
- Assists with community programs.
Must be willing to work in other locations in the diablo service area as needed. This position is to assist with covering vaction and education leave and when census rises. Must have weekend and weekday availability, as well as ability to cover some Holidays during the year, including at least one major Holiday per year. Must have ability to do MBS studies.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience as a Speech Therapist.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California license required.
- BLS required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain an NPI prior to the employment start date.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- At least two years acute care hospital experience.
- Prefer availability at short notice, 7 days/week.
- Preferred FEES certification.
Job: Rehab Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or sexual orientation.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements