Resp Care Coord Sleep Spec Fontana, CA
Assists in the planning, development and implementation of respiratory care programs that coordinate high quality, cost-effective care for patients with Sleep Disorders. Collaborates with managers, physicians and patient care staff to identify and resolve pulmonary care system issues. Directly facilitates pulmonary care functions that expedite the patients' work-up and follow-up in both the hospitals and clinics.
- Educate patients in a class room setting on various sleep disorders.
- Instruct patients on home diagnostic sleep equipment.
- Reading sleep studies and providing preliminary diagnosis to patients.
- Instruct patients on the proper use of therapeutic equipment used for Obstructive Sleep Apnea and other home ventilatory support systems.
- Process referrals to other sleep entities and healthy living providers.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of respiratory care programs that coordinate high quality, cost-effective care for patients with COPD, hypoventilation, neuro-muscular disease, Sleep Apnea and all other sleep disorders.
- Collaborates with managers, physicians and patient care staff to identify and resolve Sleep Disorder issues as well as Pulmonary Care Issues.
- Conduct follow up consultations with CPAP users to ensure adherence or refer patients to alternative treatment.
- Inform patients of the sleep physician's final results.
- Provide case manager consultations to patients referred by the physicians.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Minimum one (1) year of sleep disorder-related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory care, health care administrationOR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid California respiratory care practitioner license required.
- National board of registered respiratory therapist certificate required (RRT).
- BLS certification required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Computer skills and experience with nasal CPAP and BIPAP equipment required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Recent experience facilitating performance improvement projects and experience planning, coordinating and implement programs preferred.
- Recent experience in patient education in respiratory disease and sleep disorders preferred.
- National Board of Respiratory Care-Sleep Disorder Specialist preferred.
- Certified Sleep Disorder Specialist and/or Certified Polysomnographic Technologist preferred.
- Spanish Speaking preferred.
- Will travel to Victorville High Desert clinic and will work some Saturdays
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana Annex I (MOB 7) 9961 Sierra Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue,Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Sleep Center
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements