Manager Long Term Care SA Palliative Care San Leandro, CA
Manages programs and activities which may include DME, SNF, eldercare, palliative care and other Continuum programs, as assigned. Responsible for patient safety and regulatory compliance while ensuring the Kaiser Permanente Health Plan (KP) member's receive appropriate, focused quality care.
- Manages the day to day operations. Sets departmental goals and objectives, and develops action plans to ensure they are met.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates activities of Medical Center and/or Regional programs.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Manages quality improvement activities.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in skilled nursing facility required for the SNF, DME and eldercare program work OR a minimumone (1) year of experience in a palliative care related job required for the palliative care program work.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of SNF, Medicare, The Joint Commission, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of Kaiser Health Plan benefits.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Current California RN license preferred.
- Certification in hospice and palliative care nursing
Primary Location: California,San Leandro,KP Post Acute Care Center 1440 168th Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Skilled Nursing-Admin
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements