Staff Nurse II Ambulatory Care Vallejo, CA
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy. (Title 22 language)
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel, equipment, and supplies).
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information.
- If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- APPOINTMENT AND ADVICE CALL CENTER-1 year of recent (within the last 3 years) experience in a call center, ambulatory or inpatient acute care, long term care, case management, or home health. Testing is required for internal and external candidates. Internal testing is a data entry assessment to measure typing skills. External testing is a data entry assessment to measure typing skills and compatibility assessment.
- SPECIALITY AREAS - If no qualified candidate, will be willing to train. Where indicated, candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certification(s) within the designated timeframe for a particular field of practice.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers preferred.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and or NALS and or PALS and or PEARS may also be required for this position. See job duties for specific requirements for specialty units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Skills Testing: Computer skills and data entry will be assessed via a Call Center Assessment Test.
Primary Location: California,Vallejo,AACC Vallejo 1617 Broadway
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32
Working Days: Week 1: Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu; Week 2: Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat; (A weekend)
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: California Nurses Association
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Appointment & Advice Call Center- Vallejo AACC
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements