Director of Nursing Services RN Perinatal Bellflower, CA
Within a Service Area and/or one medical center, directs and manages the planning, development, implementation, delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality patient care provided by multiple departments within one or two service lines which may include a combination of med/surg/critical care, maternal child health, pediatric and periop services. Directs the delivery of services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business and organizational goals/objectives.
- Through department managers/staff, directs and manages the delivery of nursing services and safe patient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality,clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members, physician and internal client needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Accountable for the efficient delivery of patient care and support services within the service line for KP members by directing the development, evaluation and utilization of safe, cost effective, high quality nursing practices.
- With Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and SCPMG staff, develops strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care at multiple sites/departments.
- Directs and ensures continuous quality and safety of staff and patients and improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by managing the design and implementation of systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve safe patient care across the continuum.
- Plans, develops and/or directs the implementation of service area initiatives within the service line shares best practices and standards of care.
- Directs and/or delegates to managers the appropriate delivery and level of services.
- Directs budget management and resource allocation.
- Manages financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality and safety of care and service.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Hires, fires and disciplines as part of performance management.
- Directs compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
- May assume responsibilities of Nurse Executive in their absence.
-Minimum eight (8) years of acute healthcare nursing experience, including a minimum of four (4) years of progressive management and supervisory experience.
-Master's Degree in related field (nursing, health administration, business, public health or management) or enrolled in a relevant Master's degree program to be completed within three (3) years.
-Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor's or Master's degree).
License, Certification, Registration
-Current California RN license required.
-BLS certificate required.
The following requirements apply to the Director of Nursing Services - Mental Health Center at Los Angeles only.
-Minimum eight (8) years of psychiatric nursing experience including a minimum of four (4) years of progressive management and supervisory experience.
-Demonstrated knowledge of operations and healthcare management; Nurse Practice Act, TJC and other local, state and federal regulations.
-Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
-Days and hours may vary depending on the needs of the department and medical center.
Primary Location: California,Bellflower,Downey Medical Center
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Labor and Delivery/Post Partum
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements