Nurse Practitioner II Diagnostic Imaging\Invasive Care\Special Procedures Redwood City, CA
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. - Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- Two (2) years (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing specialized care for persons undergoing diagnostic/invasive procedures as performed in diagnostic imaging, invasive care and/or special procedures. ACLS required. PALS may be required if serving pediatric patients. Completion of a Masters Program in Acute Care NP required. If only caring for specific patient population of adult or pediatrics then Acute Adult NP or Acute Pediatric NP required.
- Master's degree in nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permantente employee who was 'grandfathered in' prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Credentialing Center, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties if working in obstetrics, gynecologic or neonatal specialties, and National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses if working in pediatrics.
- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Current BLS required.
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
Primary Location: California,Redwood City,Redwood City Hospital (replacet) 1100 Veterans Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: California Nurses Association
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Public Department Name: Radiology-Neurology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements