Supply Chain Technician Grade 310 Santa Cruz, CA
This position works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager/Director and/or designee. Inventories, restocks, and distributes disposable medical supplies within Perioperative services, which includes replenishment in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Unit suites. Works the majority of the time preparing surgical carts for use in the medical center and/or medical office building. Will also maintain accuracy of supplies on facility procedure cards. Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Reviews operating room schedule in advance to ensure proper supply levels.
- Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures.
- Inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment.
- Rotate stock using FIFO (first-in-first-out) method of inventory management.
- Fills requisitions from stock in storage areas.
- Maintains stocking levels in the OR and ASU suites.
- Inform staff on product conversions and substitutions.
- Work with Perioperative Cost Specialist, Procurement team, and service leads (nursing) to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained and supplies are ordered routinely.
- Escalate and solve supply issues with Supply Chain Manager, and involve clinicians when necessary.
- Maintain procedure cards (removing obsolete items, and updating cards during product conversions).
- Print supply forecast to prepare for future procedures.
- Dons protective equipment when necessary.
- Infection Control - Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, dress code, sterility assurance.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained electronically and manually.
- Participates in all competency programs, attends meetings, and trainings when required.
- Adheres to all policies and protocols in the use of Healthconnect and OneLink Systems.
- Ability to present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Required six (6) months of experience managing supplies in a perioperative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing-this may be any one of the 3 or a combination of the 3 equaling six (6) months).
- Required six (6) months of experience operating within a Supply Chain inventory management system.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful Completion of 'Blood borne Pathogens Awareness Training' within 30 days of hire (KP Learn Module).
- Must Pass Computer Navigation Assessment.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- 'Orientation and work experience will begin at the San Jose Medical Center and Gilroy Clinic. The role will transition to the Santa Cruz satellites (Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz, or Watsonville) when the clinics are ready for occupancy in early 2017. Primary work environment will be at the Scotts Valley Clinic although may be required to work at the Santa Cruz or Watsonville. May be required to work weekends and the days of the week are subject to change. Hours and days may vary to meet the operational needs of the department per bargaining union contract. Must be flexible and willing to assist in all areas in the facility. '
Skills Testing: CRM Navigation Assessment
Primary Location: California,Santa Cruz,Santa Cruz Medical Offices 115 Locust St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 22.5
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Materials Management Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements