Supervisor Sterile Processing Baldwin Park, CA
Supervises the day to day operations of the Sterile Processing Department on all shifts. The Sterile Processing Department is responsible for the Decontamination, Set Assembly/ Preparation, and Sterilization of all medical equipment, surgical instrumentation, and operating room Case Carts.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient practices for decontamination, instrument assembly, and sterilization of all reprocessed instruments and equipment.
- Monitors and maintains a safe work environment.
- Twenty four (24) hour accountability for all personnel and activities occurring in the Sterile Processing Department.
- Provides direct and effective supervision to ensure timely delivery of clean and/or sterile instrumentation and medical equipment.
- Maintains adequate department staffing levels to ensure daily operation services to the Operating Room.
- Monitors, maintains, and records all department quality assurance systems activities in accordance with departmental and facility policy; The Joint Commission, OSHA and Title 22 regulations and requirements.
- Partners with the Sterile Processing Site Manager in evaluating change in policies and procedures, and implements appropriate systems to accommodate these changes.
- Conducts departmental orientation, training, skills review, and assists Site Manager with educational programs to maintain high staff performance standards.
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure adequate supplies, preventing waste and controlling costs.
- Assists management with payroll, non-payroll and capital budgets.
- Assists management, as assigned, in developing and reporting quality assurance reports to appropriate committees.
- Provides for ongoing communications with staff and ancillary departments; provides a forum for staff involvement in problem identification and resolution.
- Attends management meetings locally and Regionally as assigned.
- Participates in medical center and nursing committees, as assigned, in order to share information, problem solve, and evaluate the impact of services to receiving departments.
- Meets regularly with management to share information regarding department activities.
- Duties also include:
- Assist with recruitment and selection of new employees.
- Provide feedback for use in staff probationary and annual Performance Evaluation.
- Actively support and pursue Quality Improvement for the department and organization.
- Analyzes department needs, studies new products equipment and techniques.
- Accepts suggestions for improved performance.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Supervises functions of staff in department to meet CDC,OSHA, EPA, AAMI, State, APIC, and Joint Commission guidelines and standards, as required.
- Assists with establishing policies and procedures for decontaminating, setting up and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
- Maintains a safe, functional and effective environment for patients, staff and other individuals.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in Sterile Processing and/or Operating Room.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of sterile processing and regulatory requirements.
- PC skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Data processing experience required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Sterile Processing Technician and/or Sterile Processing Manager certification strongly preferred from International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
- Maintain membership with a National Sterile Processing Organization (American Society for Healthcare Central Service Professionals -ASHCSP and/or IAHCSMM).
- Bachelor's degree preferably in sterile processing or operating room.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical Offices 1011 Baldwin Park Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Sterile Processing
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements