Quality Systems Manager Chino Hills, CA
Directs the development and improvement of a laboratory-wide quality system. Ensures laboratory compliance with all regulatory agencies. Compliance Leader for the laboratory.
- Directs the development and improvement of a laboratory-wide quality system and manages system implementation with technical and non-technical departments.
- Leads the establishment and improvement of an integrated laboratory quality system.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies' requirements.
- Identifies opportunities and implements processes and procedures to reduce laboratory risks.
- Designs or assists in process development and improvement throughout the laboratory system.
- Leads or facilitates continuous quality improvement projects and quality review processes.
- Manages quality improvement projects, costs, or standardization.
- Collaborates in developing quality strategies with the laboratory management team.
- Manages and maintains all appropriate regulatory licenses and certificates for all laboratory testing, both in the laboratory and in non laboratory areas.
- Ensures compliance for all POCT testing, manages the activities and performance of the POCT Coordinator of the laboratory.
- Ensures required regulatory, quality, safety and compliance training and education for all laboratory employees and non laboratory employees performing laboratory testing.
- Ensures laboratory quality and adherence to regulatory requirements through internal audits and tracers.
- Extensive (usually five (5) years) experience in an acute care hospital clinical laboratory required including demonstrated ability to utilize principles and practices of quality improvement/system.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field.
- Valid current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Other skills/experience should include demonstrable knowledge of statistical tools of quality, techniques of problem solving and improving work process, making presentations, and computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and accreditation agency regulations. Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Quality Compliance Specialist responsible for the day to day implementation and performance of the laboratory wide Quality Management System (QMS), including protocols, tools and systems for the efficient monitoring, prevention and correction of quality deviations in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Responsible to implement, communicate and maintain all laboratory quality measures.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all laboratory accreditation and regulatory requirements.
Primary Location: California,Chino Hills,Chino Hills Regional Laboratory 13000 Peyton Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Quality Assurance
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements