Blood Bank Lab Manager Woodland Hills, CA
Directs and controls the day-to-day operations for their specific area of responsibility, which includes all personnel activities, technical oversight, general work flow and budget. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Directs and controls the day to day operations, 24/7, for one or more of the following areas: chemistry, hematology/coagulation, urinalysis/bacti, blood bank, point of care, general lab and/or quality control assurance.
- Recruits, hires, train, and ensures competency of staff.
- Motivates and encourages professional and personnel growth.
- Controls costs by monitoring personnel utilization, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implementing corrective action.
- Directs and implements effective risk control processes.
- Supports, consults, and participates with facility and regional QA programs to ensure internal and external regulatory compliance.
- Assists in developing and monitoring section specific QA/Risk Management program.
- Assists in monitoring quality assurance for laboratory information systems.
- Researches/resolves client problems/issues.
- Oversees and coordinates operational aspects within various subsections of the clinical laboratory.
- Consults with clients to resolve service issues.
- Recommends processes to correct problems.
- Participates in department, inter department and inter facility projects which help the laboratory achieve its goals of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
- Develops equipment and system needs analysis as appropriate.
- Coordinates the integration of secondary laboratory information systems with RILIS.
- Interfaces with lab manager to implement and monitor an internal and external complaint/incident program.
- Coordinates and implements a safety program to include fire, hazardous wastes, infectious wastes, electrical, chemical.
- Coordinates a program of continuing education in the area of safety.
- Coordinates internal resources and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a high volume clinical laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid current California Laboratory Scientist license.
- Knowledge of CLIA, Title 22, CAP, TJC, NCQA, AABB, local, state, federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in a supervisory/managerial position preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- 5 years Blood Bank experience preferred
Primary Location: California,Woodland Hills,Woodland Hills Medical Center 5601 De Soto Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Blood Bank
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements