Blood Bank Lab Manager Los Angeles, CA
Directs and controls the day-to-day operations for their specific area of responsibility, which includes all personnel activities, technical oversight, general work flow, and budget. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Directs and controls the day to day operations, 24/7, for one or more of the following areas: chemistry, hematology/coagulation, urinalysis/bacti, blood bank, point of care, general lab, and/or quality control assurance.
- Recruits, hires, train, and ensures competency of staff.
- Motivates and encourages professional and personnel growth.
- Controls costs by monitoring personnel utilization, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implementing corrective action.
- Directs and implements effective risk control processes.
- Supports, consults, and participates with facility and regional QA programs to ensure internal and external regulatory compliance.
- Assists in developing and monitoring section specific QA/Risk Management program.
- Assists in monitoring quality assurance for laboratory information systems.
- Researches/resolves client problems/issues.
- Oversees and coordinates operational aspects within various subsections of the clinical laboratory.
- Consults with clients to resolve service issues.
- Recommends processes to correct problems.
- Participates in department, inter department, and inter facility projects which help the laboratory achieve its goals of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
- Develops equipment and system needs analysis as appropriate.
- Coordinates the integration of secondary laboratory information systems with RILIS. Interfaces with lab manager to implement and monitor an internal and external complaint/incident program.
- Coordinates and implements a safety program to include fire, hazardous wastes, infectious wastes, electrical, and chemical.
- Coordinates a program of continuing education in the area of safety.
- Coordinates internal resources and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
- Minimum three (3) years of experiencein a high volume clinical laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or a related field OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid current California Laboratory Scientist license.
- Knowledge of CLIA, Title 22, CAP, TJC, NCQA, AABB, local, state, federal regulations.
- Previous experience in a supervisory/managerial position, preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Blood Bank Experience
Submit Click here for additonal requirements