COO Vacaville Medical Center Vacaville, CA
The COO will oversee, direct & coordinate operational activities and programs associated with the day-to-day hospital operations of the medical center through the delivery of cost effective & quality services. The COO assures implementation of system-wide & regional strategic initiatives and policies & guides the hospital to be high-performing in the areas of patient safety, clinical outcomes, personalized service, member access & positive financial performance.
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the hospital (inpatient, outpatient).
- The COO is the second in command to the Executive Director and assumes responsibility for hospital administration in his/her absence.
- Provide leadership in building a team and an organization which will assume responsibility and accountability for achieving both the mission and financial/operational objectives of KP.
- Provide strategic leadership in bringing together diverse constituencies for the purposes of conceptualizing, articulating, and implementing a shared vision of achieving and maintaining high performance for the medical center.
- Provide leadership in creating a culture which is predicated on a growing trust amongst and between stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of key strategies which differentiate KP from its competitors in the area of service and clinical excellence.
- Promote open, effective, and ongoing communication and the sharing of information among and between KP employees, physician leadership and medical staff.
- Create a culture which is decisive, action-oriented, flexible, and poised to seize opportunities to advance quality, service and performance. Ensure the integration of quality, service and efficiency improvements into day-to-day operations
- Establish clearly defined goals and objectives and ensure follow through in a timely manner. Provide leadership in mentoring and developing direct reports and staff in a manner which emphasizes the importance of team work, collaboration, and the sharing of information, resources, and best practices amongst stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development and implementation of ongoing programs to improve performance and manage costs, while improving the quality of patient care delivery. Achieves/exceeds performance expectations throughout the hospital's operations. Establish an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication, and job satisfaction. Manage the operating and capital budgets of areas of responsibility. Aggressively mitigate all variances to budget. Make sound decisions on best use of resources in support of regional priorities and strategies. In all the above, provide leadership and guidance in stewarding the organization through inevitable change which integrates different points of view and builds ownership. Support the successful operational implementation of HealthConnect and New Products. Ensure the successful implementation of, promote and operationalize the Labor-Management Partnership throughout the organization. Achieve key LMP initiatives & ensure the demonstration of LMP behaviors throughout the hospital. Ensure Labor participation in appropriate decision making forums & committees.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and an ability to influence and motivate others.
- Demonstrated success in operations improvement efforts, cost management initiatives, and health system development and management.
- Thorough understanding of the health care industry, particularly related to physician relationships.
- Experience in managing multiple aspects of health care delivery.
- Thorough knowledge of legal, regulatory, ethical, managerial, organizational requirements, principles and standards of care for hospitals and health care systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of hospital operations experience, with a breadth of experience in health care leadership roles.
- Experience assessing programs, evaluating organizational needs, designing process changes, and successfully implementing changes to process flow and patient care.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital administration.
- Extensive experience working with physicians and other clinicians; must have examples of successful collaborative efforts.
- Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking.
- Establishes clear expectations, and continuously measures performance.
- Maintains focus on priorities. Has a highly organized, self-directed approach to work.
- Follows through on commitments and manages expectations.
- Demonstrates a caring, respectful and compassionate attitude towards all people. Proactively meets challenges and achieves solutions through collaboration.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth. Promotes collaboration while working to achieve collective outcomes; is inclusive of peers &/or key stakeholders when making decisions that affect operations. Is a systems thinker who looks for patterns, identifies problems or opportunities, and takes action.
- Works effectively across functions and services.
- Is a good listener and demonstrates exceptional communication and leadership skills; abilities include presentation and motivational leadership skills.
- Maintains a commitment to quality and service in all aspects of his/her work, and strives for continuous organizational improvement.
- Has a proven customer focus and delivers on commitments. Is a dynamic, highly motivated, results-oriented individual who generates innovative and progressive ideas.
- Demonstrates fortitude, and does not hesitate to take risks.
- Is a decision-maker and demonstrates sound business judgment. Operates well in a shared decision-making culture.
- Flourishes in a fast-paced professional environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and lend attention to detail.
- Thinks critically, works efficiently, and acts responsibly in a collaborative environment with multiple work demands and short time frames.
- Manages effectively through influence. As a manager, holds others accountable and is fair.
- Delegates appropriately and provides opportunities for staff to further develop their skills and knowledge.
- Possesses unquestionable professional integrity and a candid, honest style which evokes credibility and inspires confidence.
- Is flexible and adaptable.
- Embraces change. Is willing to articulate his/her position and concerns; is comfortable challenging the prevailing point of view. Has a reputation as enthusiastic, compassionate, and loyal.
Primary Location: California,Vacaville,Vacaville Hospital 1 Quality Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Hospital Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements