Chief Nurse Executive Vacaville Medical Center Vacaville, CA
This role provides strategic leadership as the patient care executive position responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization. The Chief Nurse Executive provides direction, leadership, planning, organization and general management for all aspects of patient care ensuring integration of services and compliance with long-range objectives and strategies, including the provision of excellent quality services and responsible fiscal management. This role represents nursing/patient care on the hospital executive leadership team, at the medical executive committee and medical staff committees. The Chief Nurse Executive has oversight for the professional practice of nursing and the provision of nursing care in all licensed or surveyable areas of the medical facility. Oversight is defined as having responsibility for regulatory, quality, service, resources, nursing staff competency and evaluation of the overall delivery of nursing care.
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and operational leaders.
- Manages organizational relationships in a way that builds and maintains a climate of trust and inspires commitment from others to achieve organization goals.
- Works collaboratively with labor partners to achieve organization goals and objectives.
- Participates in defined and established leadership meetings locally and regionally and establishes partnerships with medical facility and regional leadership groups. Participates in medical staff activities and serves on selected medical facility committees.
- Maintains strong collaborative relationship with medical director and medical staff leadership and coordinates with medical group partners to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care.
- Executive level communication, presentation, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Effectively communicates with all internal and external constituents, including staff, colleagues, and physicians. Produces and presents oral and written materials to address nursing, healthcare and organizational issues appropriate to the audience.
- Communicates effectively as hospital's advocate to members of the community, continually seeking ways to improve and promote the public relations objective of the hospital and marketing services.
- Actively communicates and embeds the Kaiser Permanente Nursing Vision, Values and Model within the culture in alignment with organizational goals.
- Creates an environment which recognizes and values diversity and designs strategies that address the unique needs of a diverse workforce, patient population, and community.
- Participates in the academic community through advisory and collaborative efforts. Provides a supportive and stimulating learning environment for nursing students.
- Addresses and manages conflict in a constructive and productive manner.
- Assesses the current environment and establishes indicators of progress toward cultural competency.
- Provides an environment that engages staff and others in decision making.
- Business Skills &Principles
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided
- Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations
- Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation
- Maintains role-specific KP Health Connect competencies
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive experience in clinical, management and leadership roles within hospital operations.
- Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor-s or Master-s degree). Master-s degree in Nursing or related field required (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or management).
License, Certification, Registration
- Active and current registered nurse license in the state of California.
- National certification in nursing administration or advanced nursing administration required within three (3)years for an incumbent Chief Nurse Executive assuming position, and within one (1) year of a newly hired Chief Nurse Executive assuming position.
- Demonstrated skills to work in a union environment.
Primary Location: California,Vacaville,Vacaville Hospital 1 Quality Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Hospital Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements