Operating Engineer Plant Anaheim, CA
Under general supervision, the Operating Engineer performs a variety of routine or skilled preventive maintenance duties in the repair, alteration, and modification of buildings, equipment and facilities.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition.
- Maintains routine records and determines type and extent of any malfunction of equipment and, as necessary.
- Adjusts, disassembles and repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles and tests for proper operation.
- Reports more serious problems to Chief Engineer for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- May attend to gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers, and heaters.
- May make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure, combustion, water flow, water level and proper operation of safety devices and auxiliary equipment.
- Tests boiler water and adds chemicals as necessary.
- May service and make repairs to heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, radiators, thermostats, dampers and regulating controls.
- Replaces filters and fluids as necessary; and maintains routine records of repairs.
- Performs a variety of general semi-skilled to skilled maintenance, alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance with basic skills and abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturer instructions, i.e.
- Performs routine electrical maintenance, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- Performs general mechanical maintenance of hospital and clinic equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment, etc.
- Normally excludes specialized and highly technical x-ray and surgical equipment requiring specific training, experience and materials.
- Performs general plumbing maintenance - Maintain, repair and make alterations to steam, gas, water, air, and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures.
- Bend, cut, ream, and thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints, and pipe systems for leaks.
- Repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
- General welding - cutting, joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair and assemble extension cords, replace fuses, fluorescent ballast's and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery.
- Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related items.
- Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, such as moving supplies, furniture, equipment, removing trash, scrap material, and replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members and the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Three (3) to five (5) years with in the last year, experience in Building Plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering or technical disciplines in Plant Operations, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or equivalent.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- (LA City) Unlimited Stationary Engineers' License or comparable license issued by legally constituted municipality in which a facility is located.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigeration License, 608 (or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire).
- Valid CA Driver's License.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of equipment, controls, and building automation maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematic drawings and technical manuals.
- The Employer reserves the right to review and modify these requirements during the term of the agreement pursuant to paragraphs 1819 and 2101 in the Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Orange Co Anaheim Medical Center 3440 E. La Palma
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: IUOE - Local 501
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Facility Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements