Operating Engineer Plant Los Angeles, CA
Under general supervision, the Operating Engineer performs a variety of routine or skilled preventive maintenance duties in the repair, alteration, & modification of buildings, equipment & facilities.
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Inspects equipment & facilities for proper operation & working condition; maintains routine records & determines type & extent of any malfunction of equipment and, as necessary; adjusts, disassembles & repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles & tests for proper operation.
- Reports more serious problems to Chief Engineer for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- May attend to gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers & heaters; may make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure, combustion, water flow, water level & proper operation of safety devices & auxiliary equipment.
- Tests boiler water & adds chemicals as necessary.
- May service & make repairs to heating, air conditioning & refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, radiators, thermostats, dampers & regulating controls; replaces filters & fluids as necessary; & maintains routine records of repairs.
- Performs a variety of general semi-skilled to skilled maintenance, alteration & repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance w/ basic skills & abilities, & standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturer instructions, i.e., performs routine electrical maintenance, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment & mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- Performs general mechanical maintenance of hospital & clinic equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines & equipment, etc.
- Normally excludes specialized & highly technical x-ray & surgical equipment requiring specific training, experience & materials.
- Performs general plumbing maintenance - maintain, repair & make alterations to steam, gas, water, air, & sanitary plumbing pipes & fixtures.
- Bend, cut, ream & thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints & pipe systems for leaks
- Repair leaks & clear drain stoppages.
- General welding - cutting, joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair & assemble extension cords, replace fuses, fluorescent ballast's & tubes, clean & lubricate motors & other machinery.
- Clean sink & grease traps, replace & re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms & related items.
- Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, such as moving supplies, furniture, equipment, removing trash, scrap material, & replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting w/ other personnel, Health Plan members & the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience with in the last year in Building Plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Associate of Arts degree in Engineering or technical disciplines in Plant Operations, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or equivalent.
- Unlimited Stationary Engineers' license (LA City) or comparable license issued by legally constituted municipality in which a facility is located.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigeration License, 608 or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Valid CA Drivers License.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of equipment, controls, & building automation maintenance.
- Ability to read & interpret blue prints, schematic drawings & technical manuals.
- The Employer reserves the right to review & modify these requirements during the term of the agreement pursuant to paragraphs 1819 & 2101 in the Labor Agreement.
Start and end time varies
Job: Facilities Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or sexual orientation.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements