Safety Leader San Leandro, CA
Responsible for the strategic development, planning and oversight of an Area's integrated workplace safety and environmental safety program and all related programs, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures. This position leads the safety function for the Area and drives its success in workplace safety and environmental safety metrics. Directs, develops, implements, promotes and evaluates safety programs, ensuring strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures across an Area are in alignment with the Area's business strategy. Works in synergy with all other performance improvement programs and organizational goals. Directs all efforts to ensure highest levels of employee and member safety.
- Establishes strategic direction and provides operational leadership to Areas' safety programs to protect KPs legal liabilities and minimize risks to members and employees.
- Determines goals and priorities with senior executives and key stakeholders to create safe work environments which promote the health of employees, and protects our communities and the environment.
- Develops, manages, oversees and monitors all aspects of KP's safety program to achieve safety goals and ensure compliance to organization and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the development and planning to ensure the execution of the optimum business process integration of environmental, health and safety policies, developing policy and procedures around ergonomics, illness and injury prevention and building safety into daily operating procedures for KP employees and members.
- Responsible for leading operations management to improve and reduce accident, injury and incident rates across all departments.
- Develops and monitors annual business plan, including budget, which ensures employee and patient safety and performance improvement related to Workplace safety metrics ; focuses resources in areas to meet compliance and business needs.
- Leads and manage Area's safety teams and departments.
- Develops and oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene and life safety.
- Oversees appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Assures risks to KP employees, members and the environment are identified and communicated.
- Develops alternatives for managing and minimizing these risks in a cost-effective and responsible manner.
- Develops and maintain strategic relationships with national and local executive and leadership teams.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional leadership experience in health care.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional safety experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, public health or related area of study.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrate experience with visioning, strategy development and execution.
- Must be able to work effectively in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience leading change management initiatives and developing and implementing strategies and procedures across large complex organizations preferred.
- Experience in collaboration, consensus building, influence, partnering, and service orientation preferred.
- Experience in financial management of resources and assets preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing project plans and programs preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Industry certification such as REA , CHEM, CSP/ASP, CHMM, CIH preferred.
- Associate Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist Training or Hazardous Materials/Waste Management Certification or other Industry Certification preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Leandro,San Leandro Medical Center 2500 Merced St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Safety Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements