Director Area Public Affairs Santa Clara, CA
As a member of the Area leadership team, analyzes, develops and implements strategy and policy for community benefit, community and government relations and communication to support Kaiser Permanente strategic goals. Serves as Kaiser Permanente's key Public Affairs leader in Area.
- With accountability to VP of Communications and the VP of External&Community Affairs, responsible for Area implementation of region-wide public affairs programs, as well as development and implementation of local programs that promote and protect KP's brand.
- Supports Area and regional business plan objectives by creating open communication and favorable partnerships with local community leaders and organizations.
- Works with regional media relations team to support the brand and overall communication goals.
- Leads situation and crisis management teams.
- In partnership with Area leaders, participates in the development, preparation and implementation of annual Area goals.
- Responsible for communicating organizational messages to key audiences.
- Works with regional community and government relations (CGR) to implement the CGR strategy, including coordination of communication with policymakers and providing input on KP legislative and policy positions.
- Collaborate with regional community benefit (CB) team to provide input and ensure that there is consistent local implementation of region-wide CB programs.
- Works with public relations (PR), CGR, CB and communication teams to ensure that there are consistent and integrated communication practices and strategies.
- Provides Area leaders with public affairs counsel.
- Works with local sales and account management and marketing teams to develop community outreach strategy that supports Kaiser Permanente's member growth and retention efforts.
- Serves on Area leadership team by bringing external community perspective into management and operational decision-making.
- Works with Area Manager and Regional V.P.'s to develop priorities for Area public affairs staff and to direct Area staff activities.
- Provides Area leaders with executive communication support necessary to implement brand and reputation goals.
- Participates in region-wide public affairs directorship activities, including but not limited to, planning and sponsorship of initiatives, leadership of cross-functional and cross-entity teams.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Ten (10) years ofexperience in public relations (or related area) and management in a health care environment or large, complex organization
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, public administration, communications, political science or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution, leadership, critical thinking, influencing, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus on strategies and messages among peers and across different reporting structures.
- Works with executive teams and multi-disciplinary groups.
- Understanding of health care delivery systems, legislative process, public relations, community health, and community relations.
- Working knowledge of finance and budget management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in management.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Hospital 700 Lawrence Express Wy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: Public Affairs
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements