Director Clinical Systems Engineering Berkeley CA Berkeley, CA
The primary focus for the Director of Clinical Systems Engineering is to develop and oversee the NCAL clinical technology capital expenditure and replacement strategy for the $1.2B fleet of clinical equipment in our program. This role will report out to Senior Executives in the region with strategic updates and details around execution of the plans. This position will have a direct reporting relationship from the Clinical Systems Engineers and indirect reporting to service operations and equipment planners.
- Develops and leads the annual Clinical Technology Plan (CTP) for NCAL Region. Responsible for all technologies and sub-committees (19) to deliver their annual executive scoping presentation. Leads the process to get approval of CTP by December each year. Leads and recommends strategies and technology acquisitions to Regional Leadership and drives data driven, evidence-based approaches. Brings new innovative ideas and approaches to improve processes.
- Oversees and directs the implementation of the annual CTP ($100M). Forecasts the spend plan by technology and month to meet business goals. Responsible for leading team to coordinate with planning, design, KPIT, Capital Projects, and Service Area stakeholders to meet delivery schedules, timelines, and budgets.
- Leads and manages the team of Clinical System Engineers. Develops a high performance culture through coaching and developing team. Responsible for developing team's ability to think critically, develop strategies and improve communication skills.
- Leads and develops technology integration strategies with KPIT (Kaiser Permanente Information Technology), BDIC, (Biomed Device Integration Council) and MDIP (Medical Device Integration Program). Responsible for ensuring clinical data is supported, protected, and is integrated into Kaiser EMR system. Drives alignment with regional TRB and TCG to ensure initiatives are balanced and funded appropriately.
- Continuously monitors and analyzes technology trends and markets to develop innovative planning and consulting strategies. Oversee teams coordinating Regional technology pilots to evaluate clinical and operational benefits of technology.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management in healthcare.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, health technology management OR four years in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to lead a regional network of engineering, operations and medical professionals.
- Thorough understating of the operations of healthcare facilities, the interdepartmental relationship and the use of technology in the delivery of healthcare.
- Excellent communication skills including group facilitation and presentation to Executive Vice Presidents and CEO's.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Significant management experiences (10 years) in clinical systems engineering in a mult-hospital environment to include, analyzing healthcare technology markets, planning implementing and disposing of medical technologies.
- Master's degree preferred.
- MBA preferred.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Biomedical Engineering 1795 Second St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Biomedical Engineering
Public Department Name: Clinical Technology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements