Addiction Medicine Counselor II\III Lancaster, CA
Provides Chemical Dependency services to adults, adolescents and significant others of CD patients under supervision.
- Under the direction of a licensed clinical supervisor performs the following:
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services, general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Identifies need for higher level assessment (e.g. other, non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include individual and group counseling services.
- May provide Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and Multi-Family therapy only under licensed supervision as assigned.
- Provides case management services to include resource and referral coordination.
- May perform mentor functions to Alcohol or Drug Certificate candidates as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a repost of 547519
- Minimum of two (2) years supervised and related (may include adolescent, adult, family, co-dependent) work experience in the field of chemical dependency treatment. Will consider successful completion of a KP addiction medicine internship in lieu of experience.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other field related to behavioral health.
- May consider candidates with CA LCSW/LMFT
- May include every other/rotating weekends
Primary Location: California,Lancaster,Lancaster Mental Health 44444 20th St. W.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Behavioral Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements