Member Experience Associate On Call Burke VA Burke, VA
To be responsible for the seamless, daily operations of the front office of the Health Information Management Department at our Medical Office Buildings by responding to basic, simple and quick health information and member experience inquires and requests and to provide a high quality member experience. Escalates more complex inquires and request to the appropriate departments.
Health Information Management:
- Ensures that all protected health information is processed in accordance with regional, national, state and federal regulations.
- Works closely with internal/external customers to meet their health information management needs as it relates to release of protective health information via paper and electronic media.
- Has a solid knowledge/understanding of HIPPA privacy and security issues as it relates to release of information, and/or other regulations related to protective health information.
- Reviews release requests for appropriateness and validate the authorization by photo identification.
- Serves as inter and intra department resource for the other staff members, answering questions and providing instructions as necessary.
- Monitors printers for incoming documentation and process paper work in a timely manner.
- Collects loose filing/scan documents from clinical area twice daily, ensuring that a medical record number is placed on each document.
- Opens departmental mail and sorts; forwards mail appropriately to document preparation station or other clinical units, as necessary.
- Verifies patient identity and process same day Release of Information Request via KP HealthConnect EMR.
- Requests patient charts by accessing the appropriate system.
- Responds to inquiries from patients and staff members and instructs them in the appropriate methods for requesting records. Enters data into disclosure accounting system in accordance with HIPAA standards.
- Completes cash handling tasks as assigned, which may consist of collecting credit card information, handling checks received by mail and posting payments in the ROI module.
- Assists members in a professional manner that promotes a positive customer service experience.
- Provides members with general information, and/or refer them to appropriate department as necessary.
- Responds to member inquiries related to changes or corrections to the things like: name, date of birth, gender, other demographic information, and PCP assignment and center changes.
- Initiates member issue to fix when one member has two different medical records.
- Documents compliments in Macess.
- Orders HIPAA Certifications.
- Validates basic benefit information related to copay, co-insurance, deductibles and other KP plans.
- Document member inquiries in CHATS.
- Performs referral status look-up in Healthconnect.
- Orders of new or replacement ID's.
- Maintains knowledge and training (from KP Learn) on all information systems necessary to perform duties.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with protected health information required.
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal, and external customers required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software, i.e., CHATS, KMATE, MACESS and HealthConnect required.Ability to effectively abstract computer or paper-based data required.
- Successful completion of standardized test in medical terminology with a proficiency rate of 84%.
- Bending, lifting and manual dexterity required.
- Employee may be required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
- One (1) year of health information management experience.
Primary Location: Virginia,Burke,Burke Medical Center 5999 Burke Commons Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Medical Records
Public Department Name: Member Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements