Behavioral Health Services Manager Burke Medical Center Burke, VA
Under the direction of the Director, Medical Specialties and in collaboration with the Chief of Psychiatry, to be responsibility for oversight of Behavioral Health and Chemical Dependency services along the care continuum; and to provide oversight and direction of the facility-based and network affiliate Behavioral Health programs with accountability for ensuring consistency of service delivery and treatment programs across the Service Area.
- Collaborates with the Chief of Behavioral Health to: Design, manage, and continually improve the operations of the department in accordance with strategic goals and targets and within appropriate clinical guidelines: Manage hospital days in accordance with established targets. This includes identifying and developing strong diagnostically responsive and preventive programming that addresses patient needs at the out patient level of care; Collaborate with Provider Affairs, Contracting, Claims and Member Services as needed to ensure access and network adequacy to meet the needs of the populations served by Kaiser Permanente; Support the Quality Work Plan development/implementation and the range of quality measure initiatives undertaken, and serves on the BH QI committee. Works with the Behavioral Health team to ensure that the department is adhering to and meeting NCQA quality and service standards and requirements.
- Manages day to day operations of Behavioral Health departments within the service area to include: supervision of the Business Manager, psychotherapists, psychologists, and other professional staff, to include interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, evaluating, and terminating in accord with EEO/AA goals, personnel policies, and appropriate union contracts; oversight of time management (KRONOS), EHS, treatment teams and administrative meetings.
- Promotes and supports the on-going development/implementation of methods for monitoring access, productivity and outcomes, taking any corrective action indicated.
- Develops and manages to annual non-payroll and payroll budgets. Creates action plans for areas not meeting target.
- Collaborates with Service Area Leadership to assist and promote integration of care initiatives in the area. This will include attending the Service Area Leadership Meetings and working with leadership to expand relevant programming (i.e., groups) into the medical centers.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations or laws and monitors changes to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Maintains 20% clinical schedule.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience as a psychotherapist, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory/management and/or practice management experience required.
- Master's degree in social work (MSW), master's degree in education (MEd), master's degree in psychology, Advanced Practice Nurse or PH D Psychologist, or PsyD required.
License, Certification, Registration
- LCSW, LICSW, CNS, LPC or Licensed Clinical Psychologist required.
- If MSW, Certified Social Worker required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- A broad knowledge of the range of therapy techniques and therapy methods and modalities of care in the areas of mental health and chemical dependency required.
- Clinical experience in individual, group, and family psychotherapy.
- Theory of groups and organizational structure.
- Management theory and experience in supervising and managing staff.
- Productivity standards - help to formulate these in coordination with Behavioral Health Management Team. Interpret, recommend, observe, monitor, and alter these as needed.
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral techniques, brief therapy models, group work, crisis theory, chemical dependency treatment, and management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Solid evidence of good oral and writing abilities are required.
- Ability to facilitate the design and development of Behavioral Health programs is required.
- Demonstrated problem solving acumen is required.
- Strong organizational skills/ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands are required.
- Solid understanding of psychopathology is required.
- Strong understanding of teamwork and the interdisciplinary team, both in-pt and out-pt, required.
- Must be able to travel within the service area to the specialty locations.
- A broad range of clinical experience preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with Psychiatrists preferred.
- Affiliation with National Association of Social Workers preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Burke,Burke Medical Center 5999 Burke Commons Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Behavorial Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements