Account Manager Greater LA Large Group Account Management Burbank, CA
Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanente's position in the market. Leads the work of account teams and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account growth.
- Develops and executes account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Leads the development and execution of Strategic Account Plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses.
- Identifies, capitalizes and close on cross sell opportunities.
- Analyzes and improves the risk position in a group.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Contribute to competitively positioning KP in the marketplace.
- Recommends and negotiates the strategy and changes with customers by offering a range of tailored options to meet the various needs of all constituents, as applicable.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains broker and/or channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Initiates and facilitates KP executives collaboration to reach agreements on recommended strategic issues and policies related to specific accounts.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of their health benefits strategy/offering.
- Develop and execute account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers and brokers KP online technology to maximize of all KP online tools.
- Proficiently leverages use of supporting staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
If Occupational Health:
- Develops ongoing strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- If Occupational Health: Minimum four (4) years' experience in workers' compensation processes, products, and contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group benefits.
- Knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- If Occupational Health: Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to workers' compensation services, policies and procedures.
- If Occupational Health: Knowledge of occupational health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales: All applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers: No license requirement.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- Three (3) years of experience in strategic planning dealing with high-levels of issue complexity.
- Three (3) years of experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Three (3) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Two (2) years of experience in the health care industry.
- If Labor and Trust: One (1) year of experience managing labor and trust relationships.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
Primary Location: California,Burbank,Marketing Sales Service and Admin 3100 Thornton
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Greater LA, Large Group Account Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements