Help Desk Technical Support Services Manager Burbank, CA
This managing level employee is primarily responsible for managing the service delivery process and outcomes for product support, developing the process and procedures for the setup of computer systems, and managing relationships with third party hardware and/or software vendors.
- Manages designated units by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; overseeing the completion of work assignments; assuming responsibility for decision making; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; incorporating resources, costs, and forecasts into unit plans; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; partnering with key stakeholders and business leaders to ensure products and/or services meet requirements and expectations while aligning with departmental strategies; and influencing units to operate in alignment with business objectives.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst departments; strategically evaluating talent for succession planning; setting performance management guidelines and expectations across units; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Manages recurring and escalated problems.
- Manages troubleshooting efforts to identify and rectify problems.
- Manages efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Manages the service delivery process and outcomes for first, second, and third level support for products and applications by taking accountability for resolution of systems' issues.
- Follows and manages the development of standard operating procedures.
- Reviews and approves resolution proposal to prevent issue recurrence.
- Defines and manages key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity)
- Promotes and ensures compliance in the use of a knowledge repository for technical support.
- Defines and manages procedures for incident escalation.
- Manages execution of disaster recovery, and business continuity processes and events.
- Manages after hours on call support.
- Manages the process for tracking and documentation by reviewing and updating documents, as appropriate.
- Manages analysis of incident data and trends to help prioritize efforts to improve system availability and performance.
- Reviews and approves departmental and enterprise changes to the production environment, according to established change control processes.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum six (6) years IT experience in a support or operations environment. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Two (2) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Two (2) years experience in organizational change management.
- Three (3) years experience in IT intake and profiling in a support or operations environment.
- Four (4) years experience implementing or supporting ITSM processes or services.
- Four (4) years corporate healthcare experience.
- ITIL certification.
Primary Location: California,Burbank,Marketing Sales Service and Admin 3100 Thornton
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon â€“ Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: HPBTSS Sales & Broker Systems Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements