Regional Site Administrator Laboratory Berkeley, CA
Serves as the Site Administrator for a Regional Lab campus and is responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the facility. In conjunction with the Regional Laboratory Administrator (RLA) and TPMG Regional Laboratory Associate and Medical Laboratory Directors, assumes administrative responsibility for personnel and processes at assigned campus, coordinates processes between multiple campuses, leads projects and assumes LMP committee responsibilities. Assists the RLA in providing strategic leadership to managers to ensure equitable distribution of resources and delivery of high quality, cost-effective laboratory services and efficient management of staff. In absence of the RLA, the Site Administrator may assume the RLA duties as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the RLA and Lab Director, provides site leadership and operational oversight for the Regional Lab campus. Responsible for projects and committees as assigned by the RLA. Monitors multi-campus horizontal process performance. Leads cross-functional process teams. Serves as 'white-space' ombudsman (or champion) and supports functional departments. Ensures the success of unit-based teams.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates Regional Laboratory goals and objectives, resource allocation, capital equipment, plant maintenance and renovation, level of accessibility and availability of services and new programs. Develops and administers policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all contracts, regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies and organizational requirements.
- Collaborates with inter-/intra-facility laboratories and supports the medical centers to develop an integrated laboratory service delivery system. Identifies best point of service for tests to provide appropriate turnaround times and service levels, reduce costs and minimize redundancy.
- Develops and monitors an overall budget for the Regional Laboratory and ensures financial accountabilities are established. Works with the Controller to develop financial reports and cost accounting methods.
- Develops methods to collect direct client feedback on performance in order to clarify expectations, ensure appropriate services are delivered; makes changes as necessary.
- Participates in the development of long and short range facility planning and the integration with facility/master planning. Develops and coordinates facility plant maintenance and renovation projects.
- Assumes the RLA and Site Leader role for the Regional Lab Berkeley campus when the RLA is out of the facility. Supports the RLA in working with the Laboratory Service Directors and section managers in setting and achieving each department's respective operational accountability, including finance, service, quality and supply chain.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
Serves as the Site Administrator for Regional Histology, Cytology and Genetic Lab departments. Facilitates integration of shared lab services.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a multi-faceted, complex health care setting required, with at least five (5) years of management experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Master's degree in clinical laboratory science, health care administration, business administration, public administration, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or limited specialist license required.
- Experience in financial management, program development, quality improvement and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large group of external and internal customers comprised of health care providers, facility laboratory managers, inter-regional counterparts, and all levels of staff through collaboration, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and accreditation agency regulations related to the laboratory industry.
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience as administrative or service director of multiple departments in a clinical diagnostic laboratory.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Regional Lab - 1725 1725 Eastshore
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements