Clinical Engineer Berkeley CA Berkeley, CA
Assures that Kaiser Permanente acquires clinically reliable, safe, and cost effective clinical technologies; and ensures appropriate and safe application of those clinical technologies across the Kaiser Permanente enterprise through the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Conducts independent work in support of all phases of the clinical technology lifecycle.
- Manages a limited number of simple individual projects including a sub-project within a program.
- Monitors emerging technologies; reports on healthcare related technology trends; assess new healthcare related technologies; disseminates healthcare related technology information as appropriate across the Kaiser Permanente enterprise.
- Assists with the development of equipment configurations in consultation with user groups and strategic partners.
- Assists with the production of 3-5 year clinical technology forecasts and strategic plans for service area, regional, and national purchasing plans. Conducts cost-benefit analyses.
- Assists with consultative support to the regional and national Clinical Technology leadership in the development of service maintenance contracts; data analysis, technology assessments and forecasts, and other forms of customized consultation.
- Assists with the deployment of clinical technology in new and existing care delivery environments; provides technical and environmental requirements; assists with the reviews of facility construction plans, templates; assists with the reviews of startup equipment lists; assists with equipment installations as needed.
- Assists with system assessment, design, implementation, and support strategy for clinical technology IT networks and integrations within service areas, regions, and/or across the enterprise.
- Assist with the reviews of FDA and non-regulatory Hazard Alerts to determine appropriate level of response in collaboration with the National Product Recall Management team; consults with operational leaders, risk managers, and facility directors to ensure compliance at the service area, regional, and enterprise levels.
- Assists with incident investigations and equipment performance analysis.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or engineering technology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possess and maintains a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- Experience delivering simple projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic engineering principles.
- Working technical knowledge of clinical technology (ie, devices and systems) used in at least two clinical specialties along with an understanding of the related clinical practices.
- Working knowledge of information technologies as they relate to networking, integration, and interoperability of clinical technologies.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to clinical technologies in healthcare environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic healthcare technology management (preferred).
- One (1) year clinical engineering experience within a healthcare technology management department preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Biomedical/Clinical engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Demonstrated intent to pursue certification as a Clinical Engineer;
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer; or other related professional certification.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Biomedical Engineering 1795 Second St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Biomedical Engineering
Public Department Name: Clinical Technology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements