Biomedical Engineer CT\MR Berkeley, CA
The Biomedical Engineer plans, trains others, and installs, maintains and repairs sophisticated medical equipment and systems utilized in the diagnosis treatment and monitoring of patients.
- Working under the supervision of a manager or designee, perform all phases of scheduled and corrective repairs of biomedical equipment and medical systems.
- Perform pre-issue and asset accounting, equipment installation and de-installation of related equipment as needed.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance and electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment where applicable to maintain code compliance.
- Responsible for documenting the results of all inspections, maintenance and tests.
- Must work collaboratively with all other biomedical engineers specialties (Instrumentation, X-Ray, CT/MR, Diagnostic Ultrasound, Nuclear Med, Clinical Laboratory, RT/Anesthesia, Ophthalmology/Lasers, and Clinical Systems Integrations), KPIT, Business Partners, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) representatives.
- Individual is required to complete applicable documentation of all work performed, in a timely manner.
- Frequent travel will be required for the Shared Services/Support biomed engineers to provide service support.
- Occasional travel will be required for the Stationary Service Area Support biomed engineers to provide service support to other sites.
- All biomed engineers will be required to travel to attend technical training.
- Afterhours work may be required on a scheduled and nonscheduled basis to complete required work.
- Will be assigned to weekday and weekend on-call schedule to perform emergency service.
- Communication devices will be supplied and will need to be kept ON during duty hours.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience of formal and on the job training.
- Computed Tomography Magnetic Resonance (CT/MR) - Must have a formal training from the leading industry OEMs, with minimum four (4) years of service and OJT training for service/support of General Electric Healthcare (GEHC), Philips and Siemens CT and /or MRI Systems.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in electronics, physics or related science degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must have good driving record and maintain a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of the medical equipment and systems in general instrumentation or the specialty area assigned and identified above.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Must be proficient operating PC's with Windows operating systems.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related science degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Biomedical Engineering 1795 Second St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: IUOE - Local 39
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Biomedical Engineering
Public Department Name: Clinical Technology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements