Operations Specialist II Berkeley, CA
Responsible for providing analytical/technical business support for a major project and/or department in a particular KP job family (HR, Finance, Legal, Communications, Facilities, QA, etc.). Under the overall general guidance of a Director and/or Manager, responsible for researching data, performing analyses, presenting results, and making recommendations. Acts as program/policy specialist to assist department and/or cross-divisional groups with assignments/initiatives as required. Collaborates with functional/department subject matter experts in testing and implementing process improvements.
- Independently develops/manages complex narrative and quantitative reports to meet informational requirements of KP management and external agencies and organizations for critical financial, departmental or operational analyses. Researches and collects complex information needed to complete project milestones and/or reports.
- Identifies requirements for end-user systems applications, and designs and implements systems and processes to allow access to data and to safeguard data integrity.
- Develops content for intranet site and coordinates with communication specialist.
- Ensures activities meet expectations, utilizing project management techniques and tools to independently resolve scheduling issues and advises management of resolutions.
- Creates monthly project financial reports in response to business needs; consolidates and analyzes results to provide variance analyses and performance metrics.
- Participates in various complex special projects and provides analytical back-up support.
- Interfaces with KP employees across multiple organizations and external parties as a liaison for the department/function.
- Provides complex administrative and project support to management using advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, MS Project, and/or PowerPoint).
- Minimum seven (7) years of administrative and operational support within a specific functional level with increasing scope and discretion.
- Minimum three (3) years of functional analytical experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to acquire and use In-depth knowledge of KP's policies, practices, business principles, theories, concepts, and systems.
- Applies advanced business theories/concepts to accomplish significant department projects and/or initiatives.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment; relies on experience, knowledge, skills and abilities to make sound decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to create more complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Uses intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Project and/or PowerPoint to create more complex presentation materials with graphs, illustrations, etc., reviews content for accuracy and KP established formatting.
- Uses superior quantitative and analytical skills to create concise reports.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Biomedical Engineering 1795 Second St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Clinical Technology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements