Chief Engineer Bellflower, CA
Plans, coordinates and supervises the daily operations to provide a functional and comfortable environment for patients, staff and visitors at the medical center and all associated off-site medical office buildings. Functional areas include any of the following: Central Plant Operations, Maintenance and Repair, Building Management Systems, Energy Utilization and Conservation, Project Development and Support, and Fire/Safety Systems.
- Monitors operational programs, assuring that buildings are maintained in a safe and operationally effective condition.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of facility programs.
- Compiles and analyzes operational and productivity data.
- Identifies innovative alternatives to improve efficiency of operations.
- Reviews the consumption of energy and other resources in order to plan and adjust operating policies and procedures to ensure operations are cost effective.
- Prepares department operating budget and ensures adherence to financial targets.
- Selects vendor services and products related to plant operations and monitors their performance to ensure adherence to contractual provisions, job schedules and regulatory specifications.
- Conducts inspection tours of the plant, related equipment and emergency systems to ensure the efficient and uninterrupted operation of the facility.
- Ensures all legally required licenses and operating permits are obtained and maintained and that local, state and federal regulations are followed.
- Reviews, approves and coordinates work requests to ensure timely completion and adherence to regulatory codes and ordinances.
- Participates in planning and design review related to construction and renovation projects.
- Recruits, trains and motivates a workforce of technical and other qualified personnel.
- Manages other related projects and programs as assigned.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Minimum five (5) years of plant engineering experience including previous hospital plant engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of TJC standards, Title 22 requirements and local, state and federal building and plant engineering regulations and codes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- User knowledge of computer software used in department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Management experience in a bargaining unit environment preferred.
- LA City Steam License and/or BOMA Certification preferred.
Primary Location: California,Bellflower,Downey Medical Center
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Engineering Department
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements