Team Based Care Ambulatory RN Supervisor Portland Beaverton, OR
Provides leadership and management of interdisciplinary clinical and support staff (licensed and non-licensed in partnership with their department managers) which helps to drive high quality, cost-effective clinical outcomes within the framework of patient-centered care delivery. Assists in the design and development of integrated systems, processes, and communication systems to support the monitoring and care of patients in populations defined by Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW) leadership. Assesses and monitors the comprehensive needs of these members to ensure timely and appropriate follow up care across departmental lines throughout the region. Serves as an expert resource to identify and influence strategic care delivery changes in alignment with regional priorities to provide high quality affordable health care. Supervises clinical staff assigned to work with identified populations. The Clinical Practice Supervisor may perform patient care to train, develop and coach to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise and competency to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care of identified patient populations and in accordance with licensure and regulatory requirements. Works with a flexible schedule and travels throughout the region to meet the needs of the member, clinicians, and staff to ensure smooth, comprehensive transitions as appropriate, and timely service to the right level of care.
- Provides training and development, performance coaching, on-time yearly performance reviews, and corrective actions to ensure effective delivery of quality clinical services. Serves as the primary preceptor for new employee orientation and training for the implementation of new processes. Assists other staff to appropriately identify specific programs for members during enrollment screening, by referral, and by using case finding methods.
- Provides department leadership including but not limited to the following: Acts as a resource for other staff for work processes and complex cases; contributes to quality nursing practice by participating in quality improvement activities; participates and leads inter-departmental and inter-professional teams to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of clinical care; mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice, the profession and quality care; and participates in efforts to influence healthcare policy in the organization. Role models extraordinary nursing care through professionalism, patient and family-centered care, compassion, teamwork, excellence and integrity as described in the Kaiser Permanente Nursing Strategy.
- Works with various teams across the continuum of service to facilitate needs identification and develop appropriate interventions for identified populations. Communicates findings and actions to involve care providers through succinct summaries that include findings, actions and further recommendations. Facilitates access to internal and external services. Collaborates with other healthcare providers on the team to ensure that the member receives the best possible care in a timely manner.
- Takes action and accountability for achieving successful results across departments with minimal oversight. Works in collaboration with local and regional inter-professional leadership, to identify and intervene in process improvement, development and revision of policy and procedures and assist with quality/regulatory oversight reviews. Researches the healthcare environment for innovative concepts and best practices. Synthesizes care experiences and presents data and evidence to describe and justify process improvement focus areas.
- Minimum of four (4) years of direct patient care experience as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a nursing leadership role overseeing RNs, MAs or other support team members. Education
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing. License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Care Coordination Transition Management ( CCTM) required within 24 months of hire/transfer.
- Valid driver's license required upon hire/transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and lead interdisciplinary teams effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of care management and population health principles and practices.
- Ability to support current staff with skill building.
- Knowledge of regulations and guidelines, e.g. Nursing Scope of Practice and CMS rules, pertinent to ambulatory care.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service skills that focuses on engaging patients to become active participants in their care.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and manage care plans.
- Thorough knowledge of levels of care within outpatient, acute care, and extended care settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present reports both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated data entry skills and ability to use Office suite including Microsoft Word & Excel software.
- Experience with coordination of patient care or case management in a managed care environment.
- Knowledge of community resources for the care of chronic disease states.
- Thorough knowledge of the care needs of patients with chronic conditions.
- Thorough knowledge of KPNW clinical operations.
- Thorough knowledge of KP HealthConnect.
- Thorough knowledge of the resources available to the member.
- Ability to work across reporting structures to recommend changes inside and outside of KPNW to increase positive patient and population outcomes.
- Master's degree in health care administration, business, nursing or related field.
Primary Location: Oregon,Beaverton,Murrayhill Medical Offices 11200 Murray Scholls Pl
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Team Based Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements