NP\PA UCC Float Beaverton, OR
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
- Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common acute chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications; assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities). Perform health maintenance services, including patient education, for well members. Refer patients for specialty consultation or difficult problems. Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services or programs. Examples include, but are not limited to: Assist in developing department/hospital protocols. Screen incoming department referrals. Coordinate CME activities for department. Develop written patient education materials. Provide in-service training Proctor NP/PA students. Chair or participate on committees such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled Substance Abuse Committee, etc. Perform other duties as requested.
- Graduate of ANA-approved NP or AMA-approved PA or Child Health Associate training program (both provide master's or equivalent degrees) or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
License, Certification, Registration
- PA: National certification required at time of hire. Current Oregon AND Washington state medical license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months. Prescribing registration required at time of hire.
- NP: National certification required at time of hire. Current Oregon AND Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months. Current Oregon AND Washington state NP license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months. Prescribing registration required at time of hire.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Minor surgery or surgical assist skills.
- Demonstrate customer-focused service skills.
- Two (2) years clinical experience.
Primary Location: Oregon,Beaverton,Beaverton Medical/Dental Offices 4855 SW Western A
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: M-F, Sat, Sun Holidays
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - Professionals
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Public Department Name: Urgent Care/Convenience Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements