Assistant Department Manager Med Surg Tele San Francisco, CA
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
- BSN orbachelor's degreein a health care related field preferred.
- ALCS certification strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Francisco,San Francisco 2425 Geary Hospital 2425 Geary Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Variable, Will include weekends and holidays
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Adult Services Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements