Psychotherapist II Woodlawn Medical Center Baltimore, MD
To be responsible for evaluation, treatment planning, referral, care management, individual follow-up, and group therapy based on clinical evaluations of targeted populations; and acts as a consultant and liaison to physicians and clinical staff as well as outside agencies.
- Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.
- Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.
- Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicated.
- Provides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special training.
- Consults regularly with psychiatrists on member care.
- Communicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative care.
- Prepares and submits reports on mental health activities as requested.
- Participates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basis.
- Manages panel and practice management within departmental guidelines. Performs other related duties as assigned.
**This Position will work primarily in the Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program. Hours will include weekends, Saturday and/or Sunday.**
- Minimum one (5) years of post master's clinical experience in mental health required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required.
Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Master's degree in social work required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed as a clinical social worker in all three jurisdictions in which KPMAS operates - LCSW in VA, LCSW-C in Maryland, and LICSW in DC are required.
- New employees have one year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three jurisdictions.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Strong assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Treatment planning expertise.
- Strong individual and group therapy skills.
- Efficient and effective practice management in a fast paced clinical setting.
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred.
- Experience working with eating disorder, OCD, and/or borderline personality disorder populations preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Baltimore,Woodlawn Medical Center 7141 Security Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 27
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Behavioral Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements