Cert Nurse Midwife Baldwin Park, CA
Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn Physician, manages the medical care of patients throughout the maternity cycle, including the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and gynecological periods. Provides standard maternity care and counseling to expectant women following ambulatory care and inpatient standardized procedures, protocols, policy and procedures and instructions regulated by the State of California Nurse Practice Act and Southern California Permanente Medical Group.
- Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn physician, manages the care of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations in the patient's chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray, ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology tests.
- Consults with and obtains orders from an obstetrician for any special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services as necessary.
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as needed.
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal heart rate.
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and interpretation.
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable findings.
- Determines member's degree of labor and whether member is to be admitted to labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal deliveries.
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological surgeries.
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the A.C.N.M. BS or BSN or BA required, MS Degree required in 2010.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- NRP Provider Card Required.
- Effective April 20, 2010 Maintains national certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board (ACMB) DEA Registration Number, if applicable California Furnishing Number BCLS (ACLS, PALS, if applicable) National Provider Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare provider.
- If the department elects to hire a new grad CNM, the California Furnishing Number and, if applicable, DEA Registration Number must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Three (3) years ofrecent experience as a CNM preferred.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical Offices 1011 Baldwin Park Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: KPMWON-CNM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: OB GYN
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements