Nursing Shift Supervisor RN (PD) Baldwin Park, CA
Acts at the on-site per diem administrative designee for an entire facility for off-shifts and weekends. Manages all the patient care departments, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance with regulations.
- For an entire facility, as a per diem Supervisor, manages the off-hours and weekend patient care and nursing services activities.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum.
- Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Maintains and monitors established policies, procedures, standards and practices for nursing services and patient care.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies educational opportunities.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum one (1) year ofsupervisory experience required.
- Minimum four (4) years of acute care hospital experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Hospital 1011 Baldwin Park Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Variable
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Nursing Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements