Director Operations Area Lab Baldwin Park, CA
Manages all administrative and clinical operations of the clinical laboratory departments in the facilities in the Service Area. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective laboratory services, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Meets the clinical laboratory needs of physicians and staff in developing and implementing an integrated service line model across the Service Area of several large medical offices.
- Determines the type and manner in which laboratory services will be provided throughout the Service Area.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures, which are in keeping with the service value, quality and access goals of the Service Area.
- Manages the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the laboratory and pathology services at all Service Area facilities.
- Ensures technical and support staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with CAP, CLIA, JCAHO, AABB, NCQA, Title 22, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and quality of laboratory services across the continuum of care.
- Manages departmental human resources.
- Develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of the staff.
- Ensures on-going staff development.
- Develops and presents in-service programs to medical center staff.
- Develops, negotiates and monitors budgets and resource allocations at all Service Area clinical lab facilities.
- Oversees and develops clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains an effective collaborative working relationship with Service Area providers to identify and resolve problems/issues and improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Ensures on-going laboratory staff development.
- Develops and presents in-service programs to medical center and medical office staff.
- Develops, implements, and monitors laboratory policies and procedures throughout the Service Area which support the organization's business goals.
- Establishes, implements, monitors and enhances quality control/assurance/risk management programs.
- Monitors test results, equipment, and laboratory information systems.
- Designs and implements the laboratory safety program, including hazardous waste management, chemical hygiene plan, and injury prevention program.
- Patient Safety: Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety standards and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of health care to our patients, including but not limited to: JCAHO, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog.
- See Patient Safety Management Accountabilities Addendum for job specific accountabilities.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high volume acute care clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum four (4) years of management experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical science or related science required.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required.
- Knowledge of CLIA, Title 22, CAP, JCAHO, NCQA, AABB, local, state, federal regulations required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Pathology department operations experience.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical Offices 1011 Baldwin Park Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Laboratoy / Pathology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements