MRI Technologist Baldwin Park, CA
Under general supervision & utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging equipment, produces diagnostic quality cross-sectional images of the human anatomy & vasculature for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Performs MR imaging protocols & operates hardware & technical parameters in order to maximize MR image quality & acquire images that can be utilized by physicians in order to diagnose diseases. Provide functional direction to assigned staff.
- Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxieties & obtain patient cooperation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive, & accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area & Diagnostic Imaging Department policies & procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates behavior that meets established standards for professionalism in all interactions with patients & staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies & work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- Provides training & orientation to new MRI technologists & training of MRI technologists.
- Assists other technologists as needed.
- Performs MRI studies according to established imaging protocols including but not limited to placing specified coil close to the area of interest.
- Explains to patients the magnetic resonance imaging procedures, address patient concerns, and, exhibits high degree of tact, courtesy & poise when interacting with patients, staff & visitors.
- Ensures patient & staff safety which includes explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, and, alerting staff the danger of carrying metal around magnet.
- Performs all routine aspects of MRI procedures, including but not limited to QC, start-up procedures, signal-to-noise test scans, program/sequence selection, contrast injection, & image processing.
- Operates various x-ray & imaging control consoles, portable units, tube assemblies, lock systems, collimators, filters & tubes in order to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures & exams including- but not limited to -gastro-intestinal exams, plain radiography in areas such as operating room, urology & emergency department urology & emergency department.
- Operates auxiliary imaging equipment such as - but not limited to - tomographic units, Buckies, image intensifiers, spot film devices, video monitors, CR equipment, digital imaging, C-arms & portable units.
- Prepares & administers the appropriate oral, intestinal & I.V. contrast media or as appropriate, assists the radiologist with I.V. Contrast administration.
- Ensures that correct & required patient identification information & 'left' or 'right' marker appears on all images.
- Centers tube & film to area of interest.
- Utilizes appropriate photo-timing, mill-amperes (MA), kilovoltage (KVP), seconds, distance, collimation, intensifying screens, film speed & grids in order to produce diagnostic quality images which demonstrate the area(s) of interest & exhibit acceptable contrast, density & detail.
- Explains the exam/procedure to the patient in order to solicit cooperation & obtain patient understanding.
- Assesses the patient's history & overall condition & makes the necessary modifications in technique and/or positioning to compensate for pathology or other considerations.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
Pay Grade: 26
- Minimum three (3) years of experience within the last twelve (12) months in radiologic technology, including one (1) year of recent experience in magnetic resonance imaging.
- May substitute one (1) year MRI experience with successful completion of the department's formal MRI training program.
- Graduation from a JRCERT approved school of Radiologic Technology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possess current and valid Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) certificate, and, Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- BLS and certificate in venipuncture.
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (Radiography).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize the theories, principles, practices and techniques of radiologic technology.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and utilize the principles, theories, practices, and techniques of basic and advanced magnetic resonance imaging including clinical exams, physics, MRI safety, cross-sectional anatomy, and patient care.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as an MRI technologist in an acute care medical center, preferred.
- Computed Tomography experience, preferred.
- Advanced Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging issued by the ARRT (MR), preferred.
- GE Experience prerferred.
-This is an on-call position; days and hours may vary according to department needs.
- No graveyard.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Medical Offices 1011 Baldwin Park Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Diagnostic Imaging - MRI
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements