Ergonomic \ Safety Consultant Baldwin Park, CA
Conducts ergonomic assessments, generates evaluation reports related to training and provides expert consultation to physicians and all employees regarding workplace safety matters to reduce the risk of human injury, potential liability and loss of Company assets pertaining to ergonomic/body mechanics workplace safety matters.
- Assist in identifying the nature and location of workplace ergonomic hazards, and implementation of measures to reduce or eliminate such problems.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and generate ergonomic evaluation reports.
- Works with construction staff to design and implement recommendations.
- Apply ergonomic/body mechanic expertise for the control of exposures which have caused or may cause RMIs including work station redesign, adjustable fixtures and tool redesign by determination and application of technically and economically feasible means of abatement.
- As directed, performs ergonomic job hazard analyses of work stations with identified risk factors including job process, work station and work method and follow up to evaluate effectiveness of changes.
- Works to train all levels of employees regarding safety training including the proper use of and procedures for tools and equipment as well as general training on risk factors contributing to ergonomic hazards.
- Provides body mechanics education and training.
- Provides tracking/trending information and recommendations to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses and maintains associated database.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in the field of Worker's Compensation and Disability.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience specific to Rehabilitation and/or Ergonomics.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study (e.g. human factors, rehabilitation, physiology), OR four (4) years of progressive rehabilitation, ergonomics or risk management experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ergonomics and body mechanics.
- Knowledge of workstation evaluations.
- Ability to work with Window's based operating system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. .
- Working knowledge of TJC, OSHA, Title 22, EEOC. DFEH, ADA, FMLA AND CFRA.
- Position requires considerable walking, standing, sitting and moderate lifting.
- Ability to provide training regarding body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding ergonomic workstation.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Ergonomics Associate (CEA), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, or completion of an ergonomic/rehabilitation assessment program preferred.
- Related licensure in field of healthcare (e.g. PT, OT, RN) preferred.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Hospital 1011 Baldwin Park Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Environmental Health and Safety
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements