Psychologist Chronic Pain Baldwin Park, CA
Provides psychological testing, counseling and evaluations of defined populations.
- Performs psychological assessments of referred patients by administering, scoring and interpreting psychometric and projective tests as well as other psychodiagnostic techniques and behavior observations.
- Provides treatment to adults and/or adolescents and children.
- Conducts initial interview with member, gathers and reviews all relevant information.
- Determines urgency of member's needs. Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action; selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance and therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letters; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools, relatives, friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals.
- Transmits diagnostic and assessment information to referring professionals through verbal and written reports.
- May conduct program evaluation to assess quality of care and cost effectiveness of clinical procedures. May provide case management services to defined population.
- May offer consultation and inservice training to other mental health professionals on clinical issues relevant to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders to include consultation with physicians on psychological factors in the physical health or illness of individuals.
- May conduct research of human behavior and possible methods for eliminating psychological disorders. May offer research and program design consultation.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care and license, maintains license. Complies with organization, department, state, federal, regulatory agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
-Two (2) or more years of post graduate experience in a behavioral health setting, or a pre-doctoral internship, post-doctoral internship or fellowship at Kaiser Permanente.
-Doctorate degree from an APA accredited doctorate program with specialization in a field of clinical or counseling psychology.
License, Certification, Registration
-Current license as a Psychologist by the California Board of Psychology.
-Internship in an APA approved program preferred.
-Pain Management experience preferred.
-This is a temporary position for approximately five (5) months.
Primary Location: California,Baldwin Park,Baldwin Park Hospital 1011 Baldwin Park Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Pain Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements