Research Associate III Clinical Trials (RN or LVN) Bakersfield, CA
Manages day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of medium to large studies or several smaller studies. May supervise project staff. Works under general supervision. Final review required for some phases of projects.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of medium to large studies or several smaller studies.
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms, questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Develops simple study protocols or portions of complex protocols.
- Monitors progress of study activities (e.g. data collection and validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.).
- May coordinate research project activities with other research study centers.
- Prepares progress reports independently and/or collaboratively.
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff.
- If assigned to clinical trial, may work with Sponsors/ monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials.
- Assists with and/or oversees quality assurance of study activities; ensures quality data.
- May assist with implementation of quality control measures.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases.
- Identifies, recommends and implements solutions to study issues.
- Interfaces with IRB and drafts portions of IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project staff including evaluating performance.
- May mentor and develop staff and participate in hiring.
- Contributes to portions of study presentations.
- Assists in writing scientific articles.
- Serves as a member on department or study-related committees.
- May recommend budget actions/decisions and manage project budget.
- Reviews scientific literature and drafts portions of background section of grant proposals.
- May contribute to other sections of grants.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or healthcare-related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of training and/or professional experience in research methodology/research study design, hypothesis testing; ORm inimum two (2) years of experience in clinical protocols involving research methodology/research study design, and hypothesis testing.
- Minimum two (2) years of training and/or experience managing research projects under general guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or health-related field (ex. Biology, Psychology, etc.), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience creating flow charts, research instruments (e.g. chart review forms, questionnaires, etc.).
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data interpretation and application.
- Must be able to prepare sections of professional reports and presentations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct personnel management preferred.
- Master's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology or related field.
- RN/LVN preferred for clinical responsibilities.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
- May include travel to neighboring medical office buildings and centers.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Chester Avenue Medical Offices 2531 Chester Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: Clinical Trials
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements