Continuing Care Manager Bakersfield, CA
Responsible for planning, developing, and evaluating/improving the delivery of case management and/or discharge planning services at one or more of the following service lines, departments or locations: continuing/extended care, home health, hospice, gerontology. Ensures that patients in defined populations receive coordinated, integrated treatment/care services across the continuum of care; accountable for delivery of services which take a multi-disciplinary approach to managing health /service needs, utilizing resources/protocols and formulating, implementing and evaluating treatment plans across the continuum of care. Provides services which add value and are linked to strategic, business, service line and organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains and improves/evaluates services, policies and procedures; delivery of assigned programs/services; quality management; fiscal management and patient planning to meet member service needs. Manages discharge planning and/or case management staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments and /or locations).
- Provides clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develops, implements and monitors the quality and outcomes management programs for services.
- Assesses and analyzes staff development needs.
- Develops, and/or presents educational/development services that support the delivery of high quality services.
- Develops and manages budget and costs including identification and implementation of opportunities for improved services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manages (including collaborating with human resources) and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee performance issues, safety and risk management issues.
- Analyzes and implements appropriate staffing levels and skill-mix.
- Recommends, develops and implements new programs enhancing coordination and integration of quality care/services to specialized patient populations.
- Identifies service needs and resources.
- Collaborates in developing new programs and enhancing services for members.
- Collaborates/consults with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other users of services, regional departments, and health plan members on service needs and ensures that service is provided in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identifies issues which interface with service delivery and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Ensures compliance with federal, local and state regulatory/compliance standards.
- Minimum five (5) years related clinical work experience, including two (2) years pf related supervision or program management experience in an acute hospital setting, home health agency or geriatric treatment program.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in related filed such as social work, gerontology, OR master's degree in social work from an academic institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid LCSW or current and valid RN license.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and practices of fiscal and program management/evaluation.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of case management services and home health or hospice treatment/delivery issues.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Chester Avenue Medical Offices 2531 Chester Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: SNF
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements