Physician Compensation Analyst Bakersfield, CA
Conducts data collection and analysis involved in making recommendations regarding physician base salary program. Works with Asst. Dir., Permanente Compensation to ensure physicians are paid in a timely and accurate manner. Recommends program and system solutions to address changing needs of the department. Provides compensation support through survey participation and analysis, assembling compensation packages, conducting analyses requested by the Board of Directors (BOD) and Medical Directors.
- Administers and implements pay practices approved by the Medical Group BOD. Ensures appropriate interpretation of pay practices and BOD rules.
- Assists with the operation and enhancement of the physician personnel systems.
- Works with area payroll coordinator(s) to ensure personnel actions are documented and entered correctly.
- Maintains the physician HR/payroll database.
- Monitors integrity of data.
- Reviews audit/kick-out/exception reports for accuracy.
- Makes necessary corrections on system.
- May produce management reports.
- Researches issues, questions using historical files and makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Responds to physician inquiries regarding salaries, deductions, overtime pay, etc.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies on physician paychecks and direct deposits.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new systems and databases relating to physician compensation.
- Resolves data processing problems.
- Works with information technology for programming support.
- Interprets, documents and communicates physician payroll policies to physicians and management.
- Recommends clarification of policy problems.
- Performs compensation functions such as: implementing/administration of physician compensation programs, assembling of compensation packages, participating in salary surveys and analyzing survey data, providing analytic support on compensation projects.
- Applies knowledge of BOD rules in making recommendations on salary determination issues such as starting salaries, promotional increases, transfers and other base pay-related issues.
- Acts as an expert resource to area payroll coordinators and compensation support staff regarding Board approved policies, pay practices, and system issues.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the compensation/personnel/payroll areas.
- Bachelor's degree required in business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience or directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency with in-house mainframe or PC payroll system and a variety of software applications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of compensation, payroll tax and related government regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control concepts preferred.
- Oversees physician pay practices using MDC/MDTRV including auditing, special pay programs, call backs, standards of excellence programs, etc.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Bakersfield Administrative Offices 5055 California
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Medical Office
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements