Human Resources Manager Bakersfield, CA
Human Resources plays a key role in Kaiser Permanente's endeavor to develop a positive work culture and become the employer of choice for health care professionals. As Human Resources Manager and HR Business Partner, you will make an important contribution to the development of the Kern County Service Area, and overall as a member of the leadership team. This position is accountable for all Human Resources functions within the Kern County Service Area, which include strategy, integration, and supporting the Labor Management Partnership.
- Working closely with the VP of Human Resources and the Kern County Service Area Manager as well as other senior leaders, you will help design, develop and implement effective human resources strategies and programs aligned with Kaiser Permanente's business objectives and commitment to the delivery of high quality care.
- Direct and oversee the HR function for the Kern County Human Resources Department providing effective leadership to both the professional and support staff.
- On a day-to-day basis, the HRM proactively partners with local leadership and HR leadership to establish policies, practices and an effective HR approach to guiding all business projects to successful completion.
- Form leadership alignment and labor partnerships, designing and implementing effective HR processes that support the needs of the business leaders involved and managing organizational change.
- Participates with other HR Business Partners to ensure the rapid transfer of best practices.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management.
- May guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Provides expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Consults with leadership on performance, organizational, and leadership matters.
- Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Initiates Organizational Development strategies such as conflict resolution, LMP, teambuilding, workclimate studies and other necessary strategies.
- Facilitates organizational structure analysis and redesign to maximize service delivery.
- Consults with other HR Business Partners to assist in defining and developing a comprehensive HR strategy that addresses the areas of talent management, employee development, employment, diversity, training, employee relations, and compensation.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience across a range of HR disciplines, plus demonstrated ability to develop and execute HR initiatives and strategic partnerships that support business initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Candidates should be skilled in sound business practices including labor and employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, training, recruitment and staffing as well as change and communications management.
- Leadership skills are crucial, including the ability to provide strategic HR direction to the senior and project leadership teams as well as past experience managing and directing professional and ancillary staff.
- We seek an individual who can analyze data and understand the business and financial effects of HR policies and decisions.
- This individual must have demonstrated leadership skills including coaching and change management, as well as the ability to form trusted partnerships with executives and labor partners.
- This person must further be able to gain cooperation and support through influence and persuasion.
- Previous experience working with unions is essential.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- It is essential that candidates for this management position have substantial HR experience as a business and labor partner dealing at more senior levels of the organization.
- Proven success in the development of HR strategies and the design and management of HR programs are also necessary.
- Change leadership and the ability forge partnerships, gain alignment among varied perspectives, and the ability to coach at a senior level are all a must.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Bakersfield Administrative Offices 5055 California
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Human Resources
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements