Project Manager I Non Exempt Bakersfield, CA
Responsible for providing leadership to a team committed to achieving specified goals of a project. Provides high quality and cost effective project management, analytic support services and technical expertise for a broad array of issues. This is the first job in a three level Project Manager Ladder. At the entry level, a Project Manager may lead projects that impact a single functional area or service area. It is responsible for working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Position will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Leads and provides technical leadership to projects.
- Sets strategic direction of projects.
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Designs processes to address identified problems.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Motivates team members and facilitates team meetings.
- Acts as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Assesses project impact on the workforce.
- May include developing training program for different levels of audiences.
- May develop and manage a department, including recruiting, coaching, performance evaluation of staff.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in specified technical area.
- Bachelor's degreeOR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field in business administration, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Good project management and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree or clinical licenses (RN, MD, etc.) preferred.
- Supporting Service/Access
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Discovery Plaza Medical Offices 1200 Discovery Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Service/Access
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements