Business Intelligence Data Modeler Aurora, CO
Designs, deploys and manages systems, databases, business applications, and data relationships, content, and application to more effectively and efficiently manage KP Colorado business operations. Serves as a primary contributor in the department's vision and implementation of the KP Colorado Business Intelligence program. Partners with colleagues and customers to guide development of enterprise Colorado Data Warehouse and reporting solutions. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with development practices in the business intelligence program. Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards as they relate to the BI department.
- Leads business information modeling for large, complex projects and ensures that project information conforms to corporate information architecture standards.
- Demonstrates domain knowledge of claims, membership, benefits and providers and clinical healthcare.
- Collaborates with business clients, IT and Business Intelligence staff, and management to assess information and resource needs, identifies data sourcing, application, and maintenance, determines project impact, and ensures integration across projects.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective data management solutions.
- Identifies, researches and recommends new methods for supporting information management as it relates to data management.
- Develops high-level database architectures and ensures that database designs are consistent with KP's information architecture and information management standards as well as industry standards.
- Works with the Data Warehouse Architect to perform source system analysis, identification of key data issues, data profiling and development of normalized and star-snowflake physical schemas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Eight (8) years of information technology experience including a minimum of four (4) years experience designing, deploying, and maintaining relational (conceptual, logical, physical) and dimensional data models for data warehouse/business intelligence.
- Extensive experience integrating disparate systems into conformed dimensions.
- Strong hands-on ERwin data modeling tool experience.
- Experience with a range of relational database management systems (RDBMS) (Oracle, Teradata, DB2, etc.) and RDBMS tuning.
- Experience deploying and supporting large, complex data warehouse/business intelligence solutions (full life cycle).
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science, business or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Understanding of business intelligence reporting tools (SQL query, Business Objects, Cognos, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.), data integration tools (Informatica, etc.), and metadata repository processes and tools.
- Proven track record coordinating with project managers, participating in project planning and coordinating with development teams using agile methodologies delivering successful business intelligence solutions with complex data sources.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with analysts, physicians, and business staff throughout all levels of the organization; ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.
- Eight (8) years of information technology experience, preferably in large, complex organizations, including a minimum of four (4) years experience designing, deploying, and maintaining relational (conceptual, logical, physical) and dimensional data models for data warehouse/business intelligence.
- Prior experience in health care.
- Secondary degree in business, computer science or health care.
- Knowledge of data vault and hyper dimensional data modeling techniques.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark III 2550 S. Parker Rd. S400
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Business Intelligence
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements