Business Intelligence Data Analyst Aurora, CO
The Kaiser Permanente Colorado (KPCO) Business Intelligence Strategy (BIS) Program was developed to enable KPCO to take advantage of the wealth of clinical and claim data to enhance our competitive advantage. The KPCO region has evolved in its data management and analytical capabilities over the years using a variety of approaches, technologies, data sources and support models. The investment in a long-term Business Intelligence (BI) solution that is scalable to meet ongoing business demands is being recognized as an imperative for the organization, as it has reached an understanding that a mature BI environment is a necessary enabler in achieving many of the goals defined in the regional strategy. Due to the complex nature of the KPCO application environments and how the data is managed between these systems, databases, and business applications, an experienced data analyst is needed to manage the data relationships, the content of the data and how the data is used to manage our business. The Business Intelligence Data Analyst will confer with business end-users and Information Technology professionals to ascertain the data that is processed through our systems and used to support operational and analytic requirements. The individual will be responsible for researching, analyzing, consulting, documenting and providing support in the use of relevant data or information, and assess the appropriateness / readiness toward the implementation of business processes and programs.
- Manage basic-level analytic, technical and/or strategic projects that successfully bring data-driven information about healthcare insurance, products and services to internal and external customers. - Analyzes user requirements; documents programs, systems and procedures.
- Ability to analyze information from a variety of sources, to analyze the importance or irrelevance of content, and to identify key findings. This includes the capacity to draw ties between seemingly unrelated topics or sources of information.
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with applicable regulatory, compliance and security requirements and standards.
- Translate needs, issues and ideas into effective strategies for data development, delivery and management.
- Work as part of a team to provide tactical answers and support the team resources.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams using influence appropriately to direct time and deliverables to the highest business and customer needs.
- Work with manager/peers to prioritize work appropriately.
- Develop and utilize data to ensure that the appropriate quantitative/qualitative data is gathered for analysis.
- Work with peers, leaders or customers to incorporate and use new healthcare concepts, systems or products.
- Minimum two (2) years of data analysis experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressive programming experience using various data extraction and mining tools/products.
- Experience using full SQL capabilities and comprehension of efficient SQL data warehouse access.
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic knowledge and experience with different platforms, healthcare systems and analytical tools.
- Ability to work with senior staff and clients in the interpretation and application of information, including the ability to understand potential conflicts between business constraints and customer concerns, and escalate issues to appropriate staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support and execute simple to moderately complex analytic projects for a broad array of health care issues, across disciplines and functional areas.
- Must be able to comprehend and perform basic DBA functions including design of normalized relational database tables.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis and interpretation of data, business cycles of healthcare products and insurance, or technology innovation in the field.
- Strongly prefer knowledge of health care data subject areas, content and concepts of how detailed data elements in a healthcare delivery and payor environment are used for the purposes of business operations and analytics.
- Knowledge of and experience with Health Plan Systems: Membership, Pricing, Claims Systems; Care Delivery: Ancillary, Outpatient, and Inpatient Systems; Human Resources, Finance, Facilities and Corporate Services Systems.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark III 2550 S. Parker Rd. S400
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Business Intelligence
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements