IT Support Consultant Desktop Support Atlanta, GA
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for providing assistance for the most complex issues relating to servers, workstations, mobile devices, or printers and leading consultation and vendor coordination for projects/work relating to desktop and infrastructure. This position may also require before/after hours support.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Follows and develops standard operating procedures.
- Analyzes and prioritizes incoming requests and alerts.
- Provides first, second, and third level support to resolve difficult, complex, and sensitive problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (e.g., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Serves as an escalation point and mentor for junior staff.
- Provides guidance on how to track and develop documentation.
- Applies deep technical expertise to resolve complex problems.
- Contributes to and maintains the knowledge repository for highly complex technical support.
- Facilitates troubleshooting efforts in conjunction with lower level support to identify problems.
- Provides guidance to meet key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity).
- Compiles information (e.g., procedures, installation, configuration) related to new technology.
- Minimum four (4) years experience providing end-user desktop support.
- Minimum two (2) years in a leadership role working with IT or operational teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum eight (8) years IT experience in a support or operations environment. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Four (4) years experience in hardware configuration and/or troubleshooting.
- Four (4) years experience in end-user software configuration and/or troubleshooting.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- One (1) year working with operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Three (3) years experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization.
- Three (3) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Five (5) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT operations and support.
- Four (4) years experience providing support for client/server platforms.
- Four (4) years experience supporting Microsoft server operating systems.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Pershing Point Plaza IT 1375 Peachtree St. NE
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: ECS Georgia
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements