Mgr Government Relations Atlanta Atlanta, GA
To develop and implement overall strategy for state, federal and local governmental relations for the Georgia region. This includes identifying the Region's government relations goals and objectives, identifying the key legislative, regulatory and public policy staff and their needs/issues, determining key messages and communications for those individuals. To direct ongoing governmental relations program that identifies public and government leader attitudes toward Kaiser Permanente, communicates those attitudes to Senior Regional leadership and influence those attitudes to Kaiser Permanente's benefit, and executing the Region's overall strategy for governmental relations. To position Kaiser Permanente's government relations strategy to align with the Region's community benefit, community & public relations programs as well as the public interest and with the interests of key legislative, regulatory and public policy constituencies.
- Develop a comprehensive government relations strategy for the Georgia Region. This includes: developing and recommending government relations goals and objectives for the Region based on the Region's business plan, identifying key policy makers, their needs and issues, recommending what the Region's position should be on state and local public policy issues and the most appropriate means to communicate those positions. Insure effective integration of the resulting strategy with the Region's business planning process, community benefit and public and community relations.
- Create and direct ongoing government relations programs to execute the above strategy. Develop specific action plans and issues management plans to achieve goals and objectives and to promote a visible image of KP as a leader in shaping good public policy.
- Maintain effective working relationships with public opinion leaders and state, federal and local officials and regulators to insure understanding of their attitudes toward Kaiser Permanente. Insure those attitudes are effectively communicated to KP Regional leadership. Utilize the working relationships with those opinion and government leaders to enhance understanding of and views toward Kaiser Permanente.
- Utilize effective working relationships with state and local government leaders to anticipate and monitor legislative and regulatory activity that may affect Kaiser Permanente. This includes directing the activities of the Region's lobbyists to identify and analyze emerging state and local government relation's issues. Work with senior Regional leadership and appropriate Central Office staff to develop KP positions on those legislative and regulatory issues. Represent the Region before legislative committees and other forums and regulatory agencies (as necessary) to insure effective communication of and understanding of KP and the rationale for those positions. Monitor activities of the Georgia General Assembly.
- Create a communications strategy to keep Regional leadership and key department managers informed about pending and final legislative and regulatory activity and work closely with Compliance Officer on the legislative implementation strategy.
- Organize and manage grassroots campaigns to involve staff, physicians, members and employer groups to influence legislative action on an as needed basis.
- Manage and supervise the day -to-day work of government relations firms, public affairs firms, and attorneys contracted by the Region to support the Region's government relations and government contract procurement efforts.
- Minimum six (6) years of government relations experience preferably in the health care or health insurance arena which includes experience in one (1) or more of the following areas; legislative affairs, regulatory affairs, corporate or governmental communications, government agency management, public policy. Candidates holding a Juris Doctorate degree may be exempted from the six(6) years experience requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate effective working relationships with key state, local and federal elected officials, regulators as well as influential individuals in the business community.
- Demonstrated ability to identify important issues in the external environment and design a government relations strategy to proactively manage those issues.
- Master's degree in business, public policy or a related field preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Regional Office - 9 Piedmont 9 Piedmont Center 34
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Guild for Professional Pharmacists
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: Government Relations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements